which is better for controling Led's

• Total voters

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am stuck between buying an Apex Jr or the Apex Lite...... I mainly want it to control my Led lighting...monitor my ph and temp....not sure what else i can do with the new Apex...... i already have a AC Jr with a DC8,lunar simulater and a expansion outlet....will any of this work on the Apex Jr or Lite ?????? Which of these would you buy...the Apex Jr or the Apex Lite ???? What is the differance???

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apex jr.

The lite you might as well step up and get the full apex. To pay out to upgrade the lite to the full version isn't worth it.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For LEDs the lite is DEFINITELY out.

The lite and the ApexJR need a VDM the full apex has the VDM ports built into it.
so when you add the VDM to the lite you are at the price of the full apex.

my2girls

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an the old AC Jr. with DC8. I was told by Curt at Neptune that I could use my existing DC8, temp and pH probe if I upgrade to the Apex Lite. I'm thinking about upgrading because I want email alerts. I've lost power here in CT for 5+ days twice in the last 2 months (Hurricane Irene and Noreaster Alfred).

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes that is true....... the DC8,temp and ph probes will work on the new Apex's...but it does sound like it will be cheaper to go with the full Apex to run Led lighting and ph and calcium reactors.......but if you buy from the LFS by me you get the EB8 and the temp probe with the system for $454.99

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes that is true....... the DC8,temp and ph probes will work on the new Apex's...but it does sound like it will be cheaper to go with the full Apex to run Led lighting and ph and calcium reactors.......but if you buy from the LFS by me you get the EB8 and the temp probe with the system for $454.99

+ the joy of tax and if you want to keep an eye on calcium reactor you'll want a ph probe.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify, to run LEDs that use dimmable drivers...the Lite is out. If you have constant drivers, the Lite would work just fine.

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he means that the if your not running dimmable drivers in your LED fixture, the lights can run just like any other (CF/T5/MH) lighting setup (on/off)

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he means that the if your not running dimmable drivers in your LED fixture, the lights can run just like any other (CF/T5/MH) lighting setup (on/off)

Exactly. Constant, or non-dimmable drivers, simply need an on/off setting, nothing more than that.

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i bought a full apex from ledkighting.com...... cant wait for it to get here Wenesday to start palying around with it....thanks Bill...
also bought an Apolo SolorBlast dimmable fixture from Apoloreefled.com due to deliver first week of December....thanks Joe

Last edited:

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back