Apex Jr reboots when feed mode activated

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,433
Reaction score
2,433
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older Apex Jr. It's on the newest firmware 4.53. I have it on my small 34G reef, so the whole system is the Apex Jr, EB8, and PM1.

For over a year when I activate feed mode (any one of them) the Apex pauses for 10-15 seconds then reboots. This happens nearly 100% of the time. The second attempt usually works, but not always.

It seems like the mode works (all devices do what they are supposed to) until the reboot. I have swapped aquabus ports and the serial orientation. No change.

I was convinced that the Apex Jr was bad, so I bought a used but good Apex Jr. It still does it!! I unplugged the display, no change. I don't think it's the EB8 because the devices respond until the reboot. This happens wether I use the manual display or the app.

What can it be??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new