Apex - mysterious "Set OFF" notifications

  • Thread starter Thread starter jgvergo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
1,307
Reaction score
1,368
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting "Set OFF" notifications, but I don't understand what output is causing it. Any ideas on how to debug this @Terence?
1565450573245.png
 
Last edited:
Have you gone to the probe page in fusion to make sure that none of the range alarms are active? When I’ve had weird alarm notifications, it’s usually been that.
 
One cause for this is one of your probes crossing a threshold for a split second, and then going back into the normal range. The activation statement may not be generated, but the OFF statement is.
This is one reason why it's good to have a short Defer statement included with your base_email code; to prevent momentary activations.
 
To expand on what @rkpetersen said, the controller checks the status of probes more often than it reports them (I think it checks once a second but only reports once a minute, or something like that.) Anyway, if you have an alarm state that is only transiently on you can get an alarm report, even though you never see the condition that caused it. Defer statements go along way towards minimizing these.
 
Thanks! I will hopefully be able to track this down now. I'm just waiting for the next Set OFF. I'll post the conclusion when I understand it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new