Apex not connected to Fusion

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to mention for anyone else that might come across this thread searching for troubleshooting in the future - apex.local doesn't always seem to work from mobile chrome for me! Works fine from my laptop, but I think my phone tries jumping to mobile data and drops connection with the Apex.

#rurallife on day 7 of no internet service trying to set up my new DOS

This is a good point. Apex Local will only work over your LAN. If you want to access it on a mobile device, it's necessary to enable wifi and probably best to at least temporarily disable cellular data.

Exoticpets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a similar issue. 2016 model on WiFi. It has been orange and is now blue. We can connect to the apex network but it doesn’t do anything with apex.local just says no internet!

Oldtimer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this thread when searching for info on Apex not connecting to Fusion. My Apex has been offline for a solid year now and while it still functions well as my backup controller running one of the halides and measuring temp, I'd like to get it back online so when I travel I can access status.

This is an Apex Classic and it's connected via an Ethernet cable. I've tried a few different cables and no luck. I know the internet is working fine. I see a solid green and solid orange light next to the ethernet cable port. I see a blinking green light at the opposite end of the ethernet cable where it plugs into a cable extender.

I cannot access apex.local either via my iPhone or via my laptop (connected via WiFi). I tried playing with the dynamic vs status net options and no luck there either. Appreciate any guidance. TIA

saltlife97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fusion doesn't control the Apex, thankfully, its justa way to observe it and program it. Lets see if we can get you some help.
@rkpetersen
im having the same issue ! I can unplug and re plug in to get into my app for a small window of time but after that it disconnects and does not monitor or send info about parameters.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back