Apex on battery back up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pdandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my EB8 is plugged into my 750va battery backup it will alarm that it is overloaded (lights, pump, skimmer, heater). All I want the back up to run in an outage situation is my return pump. I have power monitor turned on and the apex is set to shut everything off except the pump.

If I get an EB4 and only have my return pump plugged into it (connected to the EB8 with the aqua bus cable) do you think this will still work with just the EB4 plugged into the back up and the EB8 into the wall socket?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but the devil is in the details...There are more than 1 way to skin a cat .... Look at the Aquarium Controller section, we discuss this subject many times

OP
OP
Pdandy

Pdandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Browsed through 20+ pages and couldn't find what I was looking for. Made a new thread on the controller forum.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my EB8 is plugged into my 750va battery backup it will alarm that it is overloaded (lights, pump, skimmer, heater). All I want the back up to run in an outage situation is my return pump. I have power monitor turned on and the apex is set to shut everything off except the pump.

If I get an EB4 and only have my return pump plugged into it (connected to the EB8 with the aqua bus cable) do you think this will still work with just the EB4 plugged into the back up and the EB8 into the wall socket?
What you need to do is have a line of code that tells the other connected devices to turn off or else the system will feed power through the aqua bus.

For example I have everything that I don't want to run during a power outage to shut off with this code because the EB8_3 is not on power backup:
If Power EB8_3 Off 001 Then OFF

Then I made this line of code with a virtual outlet, this line DOES NOT tell the Wav to shut off but activates a virtual out let "Wav_on_UPS" so I get a message that this is happening.
If Power EB8_3 Off 001 Then Wav_on_UPS

Basically just add a line on all things you don't want to run to turn off when there's a power outage.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back