Apex outlet programming

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having issues changing an outlet to always being on. I am using controller to make changes and went into modify outlet. Still can’t get it. Any help greatly appreciated!

mpjones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are just programming it, it can be done over WiFi. You only need to have a wired connection when updating firmware on the classic. I use both fusion on computer along with apex app on my iPhone to do programming.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hardwired it and life is better with the classic. The new Apex is supposed to be wireless.

Which one do you have:)

Set on
fallback on

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hardwired it and life is better with the classic. The new Apex is supposed to be wireless.

Which one do you have:)

Set on
fallback on

I agree. I've got the classic, and despite some indicating the new one looks better, I actually love the way the old one looks. It's compact, and easy to mount on a 2x4 overhead beam under my aquarium stand. I suggested a spare wifi router or wifi bridge, because those tools can help him get connected--even though sometimes they have issues. For instance, initially, I used an 2nd generation 802.11ac series small business and home router. I use them at home as wifi access points (WAPs). I connected it to the Apex as a wifi bridge, and got the Apex online. Later, I gave up because Fusion complained about constant wifi outages, which I discovered because the device would become unresponsive for around 1 hour once or twice a day.

But yes: if they have the new Apex, then problem solved, but I'd assume they'd have known that already!!

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I have the older junior. I do have the software update and connecting it via 50’ Ethernet cable worked perfectly. I appreciate all the help and feedback!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back