apex ph control option for kalkwasser question

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I have read the pros and cons of using Kalk in your ato. 50% swear it's fine and been fine for years others say don't do it the dosing is unequal. im not going to get into that subject. this question is for those that have an do use it in your ato with an APEX...

The long-term plan is to purchase a DOS next month to deliver my Kalk long-term, (i am pro dose pump for kalk) but until then I am going to make due. so I am mixing separately, letting it settle for a few days, then adding to my ato.

my current ato is a DIY ato that is controlled with a float switch that when low powers a relay that turns on the ato pump. the ato requires two power supplies one for the relay and one for the pump. here's the video I used a few years ago of my ato. It's been rock solid dependable.

when the float switch falls low, the relay is powered on ( a completely different power source or non-apex controlled), when the realy is powered it allows the power from my apex outlet (which is always on) to turn on the pump. float switch closes, relay shuts down the power. think of the relay as a toggle switch.

this question is for those that have and do use kalk in your ato with an APEX.... do I set up my apex ato outlet to be ph controlled? with a high of 8.3 a low of 8.2 and on when low? if not what do you recommend?

Capture.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back