• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apex PMUP stand with Integrated Optical Sensor Mount

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you worried about your ATO reservoir running low? Not only could your return pump start sucking air, but the Apex PMUP cannot be run dry- it can overheat and be permanently damaged without water to cool it.

For that reason, I designed a PMUP stand with optical sensor mount. This is meant to hold the PMUP upright (letting you use more of the reservoir), notify you if your ATO reservoir is critically low, and shut off your ATK system before the PMUP is permanently damaged.

It is compatible with both the Apex optical sensors that plug into FMM, and generic float switches that plug into breakout box.

Optical sensor is NOT INCLUDED. I use USPS 2-3 day shipping. 5% of sale goes to Reef2Reef :)

Please let me know what color you'd like when you order.

Ti9PZGT.jpg

5Ur4lNR.jpg

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a special thing which gives me the ability to put on these beautiful textures. I really like it!

@jschultzbass yours didn’t have the pattern, since I just got this yesterday. But if you like this more, I can send you one :)

QFYKRJc.jpg

Mt8KY77.jpg

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a special thing which gives me the ability to put on these beautiful textures. I really like it!

@jschultzbass yours didn’t have the pattern, since I just got this yesterday. But if you like this more, I can send you one :)

QFYKRJc.jpg

Mt8KY77.jpg
That texture is definitely neat but flat is fine for me, thanks!

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if you could design a 4" filter sock holder that has an offset optic holder. Maybe have the holder step down about 1" below the top of the sock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if you could design a 4" filter sock holder that has an offset optic holder. Maybe have the holder step down about 1" below the top of the sock.

Sure, I could probably do that. Pretty good idea, so you’re alerted when sock is full.

It would clamp onto a rimless sump? Or be an accessory that goes on top of sock?

I’m not sure if that would be efficient on a 4” sock though. Definitely would work on a 7”

Booger McMoron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing the price? I’ve burned up two pumps and waiting for BRS to get them back in stock.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing the price? I’ve burned up two pumps and waiting for BRS to get them back in stock.

To my knowledge it should be right up top, in blue. It’s $24.99 shipped USPS priority. Though I am running a few days behind, as some Canadian store ordered a lot xD

DcWLjau.jpg

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, I could probably do that. Pretty good idea, so you’re alerted when sock is full.

It would clamp onto a rimless sump? Or be an accessory that goes on top of sock?

I’m not sure if that would be efficient on a 4” sock though. Definitely would work on a 7”

Yep. I am bad about remembering to take them out and by the time I look, it is spilling over. Partially defeats the purpose of the sock and just makes another choir for me- vacuuming the sump.

It could be either or. From a material standpoint, an accessory may be cheaper. Maybe something that locks onto the plastic rim of the sock? Then it should fit 4" or 7".

Untitled.png

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I am bad about remembering to take them out and by the time I look, it is spilling over. Partially defeats the purpose of the sock and just makes another choir for me- vacuuming the sump.

It could be either or. From a material standpoint, an accessory may be cheaper. Maybe something that locks onto the plastic rim of the sock? Then it should fit 4" or 7".

Untitled.png

I personally use filter cups, but have the same overflow-symptom when forgetting to change the floss

Re something that locks to the rim: not all socks have the same style rim. That might complicate it.

I just had a really good idea though, that is a variation of your suggestion. Shoot me a message, or maybe even your phone #? Don’t want to fill up this thread, but definitely interested in developing a prototype with ya.

Booger McMoron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge it should be right up top, in blue. It’s $24.99 shipped USPS priority. Though I am running a few days behind, as some Canadian store ordered a lot xD

DcWLjau.jpg

dc574ee2e7729dc7f46961546423b883.jpg

Doesn’t show up on my phone. Thank you for your screen shot.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dc574ee2e7729dc7f46961546423b883.jpg

Doesn’t show up on my phone. Thank you for your screen shot.
You have to browse the forum in a web browser - the app (or Tapatalk) does not display all features.

kalare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered, please send orange if available.

Thanks

Back