Apex pro or apex NO???? Must read if considering getting an apex 15% off holiday sales

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but that’s just it you and OP are saying poor customer service yet look at how fast they took care of him. People will read this title and then read the thread and see that OP over exaggerated made a big deal out of nothing and in the end Neptune stepped up and took care of it even on their lunch break tell me that’s not great customer service
Are you not reading bruh?? It took me going through other channels besides the support ticket… smh fan boys will be fan boys I guess. Not everyone has a rack lying around to just toss at the hobby like you

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again this is just my opinion but it’s kind of sad for someone to be upset and bash customer service because they’re not being taken care of same day
Got what I wanted versus the two weeks…. Don’t be mad because you opted to wait the two weeks. Mission accomplished right? This is how you get things done, son, pay attention you might learn a thing or two

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to say opperator error from the git go but I held back. Enable, disable probes, calibrate. Set your wifi. This is not an Apex problem it is a user problem. Clearly demonstrated by the "don't make me put this on blast on social media" comment.
Works 100% of the time ;)

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh out of the box a3 pro w salinity probe… fails to connect to Wi-Fi after it suddenly disconnects and then no longer detects ANY networks… had to hardwire, head unit fails to recognize there are no probes attached, gives ghost readings, updated 2x for salinity probe firmware after firmware update for head unit then!!!! recognizes there are no probes attached… calibrated salinity probe ~10 times (yes 53000 ms neptune solution) reading at 17.5ish ppt Hanna pen reading 34ppt. Busted apex busted salinity probe $1k+ for paperweights contact customer support with no help, have to make an appointment DEC 6!!! Yea f right I’m waiting that long! I payed over a grand for this bs! Wait 2 weeks for support **** NEPTUNES customer service is subbbbbpaaaaarrr, to say the least. ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THESE TYPE OF PROBLEMS?? Mine a dud??? Expensive paperweight??? Ooohhhh, BEST PART CHERRY ON TOP IS THE APP ONLY LETS ME ACCESS THE DASHBOARD FOR ABOUT 1 min before it locks me out saying I gotta confirm my account! I did!!! Like 20x!!!! point of sale IMO

655291B3-B788-4058-8036-FA21C392A564.png 0CDB1C35-0157-4D58-810F-D798F59E481E.png 0AFA0CC0-BED0-4A47-ACCE-79DF711FEA6B.png
I have Apex A2 and A2 Junior. When I started with Apex about 8 years ago, I wanted to control everything with it, now it is mostly used for monitoring, basically pH and temp and controlling my heater and chiller.You can get very inexpensive dosing pump and control it with Apex, but potential for making errors, while writing a code is something to consider. I've been there. Conductivity probe is very finicky, difficult to calibrate and then reading may be inconsistent, depending on factors like water flow around the probe. If my Apex breaks down, I would go for Junior.My advice is not to rely on Apex conductivity reading, even if you manage to calibrate it. Check your salinity, specific gravity with more reliable instruments, like refractometer. Most of European reefers
have GHL and seem to be happy with that platform, unfortunately it needs Windows to update firmware and support in US might be not ideal.

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
I have Apex A2 and A2 Junior. When I started with Apex about 8 years ago, I wanted to control everything with it, now it is mostly used for monitoring, basically pH and temp and controlling my heater and chiller.You can get very inexpensive dosing pump and control it with Apex, but potential for making errors, while writing a code is something to consider. I've been there. Conductivity probe is very finicky, difficult to calibrate and then reading may be inconsistent, depending on factors like water flow around the probe. If my Apex breaks down, I would go for Junior.My advice is not to rely on Apex conductivity reading, even if you manage to calibrate it. Check your salinity, specific gravity with more reliable instruments, like refractometer. Most of European reefers
have GHL and seem to be happy with that platform, unfortunately it needs Windows to update firmware and support in US might be not ideal.
Yea biggest thing is ph. I have DOS and jebaos ready to start w hydroxides for constant 8.3. Will definitely add a secondary probe. Thanks for the tip

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got what I wanted versus the two weeks…. Don’t be mad because you opted to wait the two weeks. Mission accomplished right? This is how you get things done, son, pay attention you might learn a thing or two
I’m not your son I’m more like your father get it right. And I’m not the one with the issues you are and I’m glad you got them fixed. Reef on

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here is my Neptune tree don’t be jealous of the (racks ) I spent. I must be a fanboy hahah :)

1B4F6442-F9E5-447B-AB75-6971979FD5CE.png

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not your son I’m more like your father get it right. And I’m not the one with the issues you are and I’m glad you got them fixed. Reef on
Yea thanks but you sure do talk a lot of crap for an old man, btw I’m an oif oef veteran not some punk. I also own a coyote
And here is my Neptune tree don’t be jealous of the (racks ) I spent. I must be a fanboy hahah :)

1B4F6442-F9E5-447B-AB75-6971979FD5CE.png
That’s cap, old man. Go ahead look it up I’ll wait

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is going off topic now so I will stay out of it. Glad everything is working fine for you now. And I will say the apex is only as good as you set it up to be so give it a chance and you will love it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back