Apex pro or apex NO???? Must read if considering getting an apex 15% off holiday sales

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that part but the rest of it was user error and who knows maybe Neptunes just sending him a new probe to shut him up

If the probe was not bad then presumably they could have shut him up by troubleshooting the one he has....

I'm not supporting the title of his thread lol but I also think 2 week turnaround for a support ticket is unreasonable. Employees helping on their lunch breaks and evenings is great on them, but again I think speaks to a company taking advantage of employees for an extra buck.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the previous generation, it is okay... the EB32 went to the crapper... I guess that was a known issue due to cheap parts. I had to send it to a guy to replace the part with a better one. Kind of annoying they ever put such cheap stuff in it for what they charge.

I think we are just used to getting a flagship phone for 1k and this is not even close but that is because it is a small hobby.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the probe was not bad then presumably they could have shut him up by troubleshooting the one he has....

I'm not supporting the title of his thread lol but I also think 2 week turnaround for a support ticket is unreasonable. Employees helping on their lunch breaks and evenings is great on them, but again I think speaks to a company taking advantage of employees for an extra buck.
I bought an LLS sensor used it for five days it stopped working contacted Neptune it took them two weeks to give me a phone call support because they wanted to calibrate it themselves after I told them it’s definitely a bad sensor. So two weeks later I wait for them to call me to spend 45 minutes on the phone for them to now tell me they will send me an LSS sensor in the mail but you don’t hear me complaining about the sensor that’s only five days old I didn’t write a thread on the Fourm here demanding that they fix it right away I understand these things take time

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an LLS sensor used it for five days it stopped working contacted Neptune it took them two weeks to give me a phone call support because they wanted to calibrate it themselves after I told them it’s definitely a bad sensor. So two weeks later I wait for them to call me to spend 45 minutes on the phone for them to now tell me they will send me an LSS sensor in the mail but you don’t hear me complaining about the sensor that’s only five days old I didn’t write a thread on the Fourm here demanding that they fix it right away I understand these things take time

Lol you don't have to justify yourself to me I just find it funny how many people go out of their way to excuse poor customer service and even guarantee it to be "user error" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol you don't have to justify yourself to me I just find it funny how many people go out of their way to excuse poor customer service and even guarantee it to be "user error" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Yeah but that’s just it you and OP are saying poor customer service yet look at how fast they took care of him. People will read this title and then read the thread and see that OP over exaggerated made a big deal out of nothing and in the end Neptune stepped up and took care of it even on their lunch break tell me that’s not great customer service

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again this is just my opinion but it’s kind of sad for someone to be upset and bash customer service because they’re not being taken care of same day

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but that’s just it you and OP are saying poor customer service yet look at how fast they took care of him. People will read this title and then read the thread and see that OP over exaggerated made a big deal out of nothing and in the end Neptune stepped up and took care of it even on their lunch break tell me that’s not great customer service

Again you miss my point. I think it's awesome that employees help on their lunch break or evening hours. I think those who don't go to social media to complain get told 2 weeks at earliest for help is very bad look for the company.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again you miss my point. I think it's awesome that employees help on their lunch break or evening hours. I think those who don't go to social media to complain get told 2 weeks at earliest for help is very bad look for the company.
Yes I understand that. But I feel little strange because Ive been Neptunes user for about 10 years now and every single time I write support they message me back within 24 hours. I read someone else say in this thread already you catch more flies with honey than vinegar maybe it’s how he wrote them

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask you which controller company do you support?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask you which controller company do you support?

I don't support any of them. I have used an Apex in the past and didn't really have any major complaints other than it(or any) controller does not make any sense in my situation so did not keep it long. Just adds extra headaches without enough benefit for the cost(again in my situation I am sure in many and probably most situations they are great).

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my issues when I bought my Gen 2, still working them out, fixing them one at a time.
But yes, Def not plug and play. That made me pretty frustrated also. I can feel the OP's pain because it was mine.
Right now it's pretty much a $1000 dollar way to turn my pumps on and off during feeding times.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to say opperator error from the git go but I held back. Enable, disable probes, calibrate. Set your wifi. This is not an Apex problem it is a user problem. Clearly demonstrated by the "don't make me put this on blast on social media" comment.

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that part but the rest of it was user error and who knows maybe Neptunes just sending him a new probe to shut him up and he will still have salinity probe issues even with a new one….
Shut me up for sure after I payed over $1k for an aquarium controller you’re d right I’m gonna make a riot. I’m glad you didn’t experience this, very frustrating to say the least. Took over 45mins to run through it all and figure out the system had to reset and the probe was defective. Maybe that’ll shut you up

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you read his title it’s kind of uncalled for and then to think about it they corrected it the same day but yet his title for his thread will stay there
Then with that being said the whole world knows the salinity probe is garbage for Apex barely works and that’s what he’s going to base his decision off of the one and only thing that is not phenomenal from Neptune
I wanted to say opperator error from the git go but I held back. Enable, disable probes, calibrate. Set your wifi. This is not an Apex problem it is a user problem. Clearly demonstrated by the "don't make me put this on blast on social media" comment.
First of all, let me say this… I’m not the type to roll over and take it. Went through every channel after I was given the 2 week window for customer support stirred enough feathers to get a response. dang right I went to social media pretty much only way to get some of these companies/ businesses to rectify their problems, YES THEIR PROBLEM! Out of the box full of glitches, did I get a messed up one yea you can say that. Fortunately I was lucky enough to get through the right person which I am very grateful for. Second of all I’m not an idiot, I know how to YouTube and find answers but there was nothing on this issue other than it’s a bad probe and being a brand new system and equipment I shouldn’t have to. 3rd of all I bought an apex because it’s supposed to be the best controller out there. From the start if you read, I had issues w the Wi-Fi not working. Power cycling? Unheard of! what a concept! I did everything, the system had to be reset and restarted multiple times and the probe was defective so what the heck do you get off talking sht? I get it you’re a know it all! This is my rant don’t like it cuz you’re a neptune fanboy cool! Just get your facts straight

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I blew the internet up

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back