Apex Programming for Two Klir Filter Rollers

Mike Jenkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Klir DI-7 filter rollers that I have by-passed the factory controller and I am running directly with 2 outlets on my apex along with an apex optical sensor in my sock tray. Everything is working fine but when the optical sensor trips, both rollers roll. I would like to come up with a way to have them alternate operation. It sounds like a simple task using a virtual outlet but I can't seen to wrap my brain around how to implement it. Here is the code that I have for each of the Klir outlets currently:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON
If Output RETPUMP1 = OFF Then OFF
If Output RETPUMP2 = OFF Then OFF
Defer 000:30 Then ON
When On > 000:10 Then OFF
When Off > 480:00 Then OFF

(The when statements are there to allow me to get an error message through the alarm if either the optical sensor or filter paper is stuck or if the roll is out.)

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Klir DI-7 filter rollers that I have by-passed the factory controller and I am running directly with 2 outlets on my apex along with an apex optical sensor in my sock tray. Everything is working fine but when the optical sensor trips, both rollers roll. I would like to come up with a way to have them alternate operation. It sounds like a simple task using a virtual outlet but I can't seen to wrap my brain around how to implement it. Here is the code that I have for each of the Klir outlets currently:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON

(The when statements are there to allow me to get an error message through the alarm if either the optical sensor or filter paper is stuck or if the roll is out.)
Do you have to have the filters alternate each time? It would be easy if you activated using DOW. Not perfect but close.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON

This will probably keep me up at night thinking of a solution. If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

OP
OP
Mike Jenkins

Mike Jenkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will probably keep me up at night thinking of a solution. If I come up with something, I'll let you know.
Thanks, I know the feeling. It’s been swimming around in my head now for a couple of weeks. I feel like it could be a simple VO that switches on and off each time one of them operates with a if statement in each of filter programs, but I can’t figure out how to initiate it.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would add a second optical sensor or float switch. Then run each filter off its own outlet and sensor/float. That would solve problem and add redundancy.

If you both filter off of one sensor if that sensor fails both filters are affected. Running them off there own sensor makes the independent.

That just the aviator in me. Redundancies are good.

evignola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON

How did you by-passed the factory controller?

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is probably a more elegant programming solution, but if each roller is running through an apex outlet, you could consider setting the outlets to be on at alternating times using the time function. For example, roller one could be on from midnight to noon. The second filter roll could be on from noon to midnight.

This would allow you to extend the life of the filter roll paper. Depending on the time interval you select, you would potentially need to adjust to alarm code to notify you when the roller is jammed. Just one possible solution to allow you to only run one roller at a time using a single optical sensor.

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but if the water level gets high enough to activate the optical sensor the fleece in both Klir roller would have to be plugged and both would need to advance. So I don’t understand what the benefit would be of having only one advance at a time

mpoletiek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mean to zombie, but I'm looking for some instructions on setting up 2 klir 7s to my apex when I came across this thread.

The pseudo logic for this problem would be something like.

Toggle=false
If sensor=true
If Toggle == false
Toggle = true
Run Klir1
Else
Toggle = false
Run Klir2

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 59 56.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • None.

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.6%

Back