Apex Programming for Two Klir Filter Rollers

Neptune

Mike Jenkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have two Klir DI-7 filter rollers that I have by-passed the factory controller and I am running directly with 2 outlets on my apex along with an apex optical sensor in my sock tray. Everything is working fine but when the optical sensor trips, both rollers roll. I would like to come up with a way to have them alternate operation. It sounds like a simple task using a virtual outlet but I can't seen to wrap my brain around how to implement it. Here is the code that I have for each of the Klir outlets currently:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON
If Output RETPUMP1 = OFF Then OFF
If Output RETPUMP2 = OFF Then OFF
Defer 000:30 Then ON
When On > 000:10 Then OFF
When Off > 480:00 Then OFF

(The when statements are there to allow me to get an error message through the alarm if either the optical sensor or filter paper is stuck or if the roll is out.)

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have two Klir DI-7 filter rollers that I have by-passed the factory controller and I am running directly with 2 outlets on my apex along with an apex optical sensor in my sock tray. Everything is working fine but when the optical sensor trips, both rollers roll. I would like to come up with a way to have them alternate operation. It sounds like a simple task using a virtual outlet but I can't seen to wrap my brain around how to implement it. Here is the code that I have for each of the Klir outlets currently:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON

(The when statements are there to allow me to get an error message through the alarm if either the optical sensor or filter paper is stuck or if the roll is out.)
Do you have to have the filters alternate each time? It would be easy if you activated using DOW. Not perfect but close.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON

This will probably keep me up at night thinking of a solution. If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
Mike Jenkins

Mike Jenkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This will probably keep me up at night thinking of a solution. If I come up with something, I'll let you know.
Thanks, I know the feeling. It’s been swimming around in my head now for a couple of weeks. I feel like it could be a simple VO that switches on and off each time one of them operates with a if statement in each of filter programs, but I can’t figure out how to initiate it.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
I think I would add a second optical sensor or float switch. Then run each filter off its own outlet and sensor/float. That would solve problem and add redundancy.

If you both filter off of one sensor if that sensor fails both filters are affected. Running them off there own sensor makes the independent.

That just the aviator in me. Redundancies are good.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

evignola

View Badges
Reaction score

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tray Closed Then ON

How did you by-passed the factory controller?