Apex Question

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well i am about to order the apex controller. Besides from the unit itself what else will i need to order, or will i have plenty to start off with. This will be on the 75 gallon for now.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the Apex Lite would do you well if you don't have dimmable lights. If you have dimmable lights the full Apex would be great. Don't forget to get a pH probe and some calibration packets.
Make sure your lights are compatible with the dimmer circuit. Other than that I don't think you can go wrong with an Apex. I wonder how I went so Lon without one.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going full apex. It comes with ph and temp probes. Planning the big build and will be running dimmable led. As for the calibration of the probes, how often do they require calibration?

FishNFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends on how often you clean the probes. If you put them in an area with good water movement you should not have to clean them but maybe once every six months or so as long as your keeping up with your water changes. And just so you know when you receive the PH probe it will have a little bottle on the probe end of it. Do Not throw that away save you will need later on if you have to take your probe out of the water for any thing over a few hours. You do not want the ends of your PH or ORP or Salinty probes going dry. That will shorten the life of the probe and it's accuracy.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean and calibrate my pH probe once a month. The solution is cheap enough and I like accuracy.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow. I hvent done mine in like years. didnt know they went out of calibration and only thought you were just calibrating the controller to the readings put out by that probe, but I guess they could go bad over time.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 46 59.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back