APEX question

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok.... i have a question about a program i wanna run on my apex.....i designed a new overflow system on my tank.... it is a gravity fed overflow..... i use a aqualifter pump to start the suction... after the suction is started and the water starts draining to my sump i dont need the aqualifter pump running...now...is there a program i can run on my apex to control the aqualifter pump ? say if the power goes off and comes back on when i am not at home i will need the aqualifter pump to come on long enough to start the suction and get my overflow running again and the the pump shuts off say after 10 minutes or something like that....almost like fallback but with a timer to shut it back off..i just dont see any reason for the aqualifter pump to stay running....also as a fail safe can i hook up a float switch in my sump to detect low water level in the sump and shut off my return pump to keep from overflowing my tank if the aqualifter pump fails to get the suction going again ?? thanks

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. However, instead of using the power statement, which would require a UPS and a power supply, you could just use a float switch on your main tank and have a statement to start the pump when the float switch is tripped.

CJ

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back