Apex resetting?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting sometime after midnight, I keep getting sporadic Alarm Set Off alarms. In the logs this is what shows up. Looks like all my outlets turn on. I am not seeing and house power flickers in any outer areas. Is this an issue with Apex or something else?

1565450459967.png

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you mention this... I don’t know if it was a coincidence or not but just noticed my apex classic restarting a couple of times this morning. The green light would turn to flashing amber, then the pumps would quickly power down and then up again, and then the light would turn green. Don’t see anything in my logs that looks funny though.

OP
OP
rob safron

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, I don’t get alarms first then alarm off. Just Alarm off alerts.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting this too... And I have no idea.....

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. It's been happening for weeks, maybe months
1565451583828.png

OP
OP
rob safron

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. It just happened while I was feeding my tank. I heard a beep but never saw any equipment stop working. It’s something inside apex thinking power went out.

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love the Apex... can’t live WITHOUT it, but man, just hope it were a little easier to live WITH it...

Even having another inexplicable issue lately where my breakout box loses connection and all my switch inputs go to the on position... driving me crazy!

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue and was sweating bricks as it was happening right as I was about to head out of town. Support told me to update my firmware (even though Fusion says I was up to date). They said the new firmware addressed issues of random reboots in apex classic due to lost or poor network connectivity. They would not answer me why loss of network connectivity would cause the apex to reboot. They also would not answer me why fusion was telling me I was up to date on my firmware, when in fact, there was newer firmware out there. I think the firmware update did resolve my issue though.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Funny thing

I’m experiencing this as well

All my lights shut off for a second but at first I though it had something to do with my kh guardian because every time the lights shut off the kh also rebooted. But now it just seems like an odd quirk

Will update my apex and see if that fixes it.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had this problem too but I updated my apex classic and fingers crossed the update worked. It's been about a week since I updated and since then no resets have happened.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Kind of odd though. Seems to have happend out of nowhere. Did they change something on their end that would affect so many apex classics the same way like this?

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of odd though. Seems to have happend out of nowhere. Did they change something on their end that would affect so many apex classics the same way like this?

That's a good question. If this is really due to lost or poor network connectivity, which I do not believe since I'm hard wired into the router, why is this just surfacing now and never before?

furyofthegnomes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having the same issue this morning with my apex resetting so I updated my firmware, now my display unit isn't working. Anyone else experiencing this?

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had this. I opened a ticket with Neptune Support and they asked me to update firmware. I did that this weekend and *knock on wood* so far so good, but I’m not out of the woods yet..

Apex classic here too.

Just received the Alarm off alert. And witnessed it once and it was just a restart.

OP
OP
rob safron

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My unit is hard wired. I did the update around noon yesterday and so far it’s working.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back