APEX Salinity Probe Alternatives

Digh0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, since the EC probes are currently limited in stock and availability AND the ridiculous pricing (yes, I understand there is a supply chain issue, lol), do you all have any experience with alternatives? I really like my Milwaukee Ph double junction probe, it's been running for almost 3 years and it stays right with my Hanna checker. If you have an alternative, can you provide link or model? Thanks reefers!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, since the EC probes are currently limited in stock and availability AND the ridiculous pricing (yes, I understand there is a supply chain issue, lol), do you all have any experience with alternatives? I really like my Milwaukee Ph double junction probe, it's been running for almost 3 years and it stays right with my Hanna checker. If you have an alternative, can you provide link or model? Thanks reefers!
Long as its anything else besides this craptacular thing.

Neptune has the nerve to charge 200 bucks now, insane for something that hit and miss at best.

Screenshot_20220618-115933.png

OP
OP
Digh0621

Digh0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long as its anything else besides this craptacular thing.

Neptune has the nerve to charge 200 bucks now, insane for something that hit and miss at best.

Screenshot_20220618-115933.png
agreed, for that price and the signifcant amount of issues I have seen people discuss, when it was $120 just 1.5 years ago.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, for that price and the signifcant amount of issues I have seen people discuss, when it was $120 just 1.5 years ago.
I saw that on the apex fb page also. Its crazy how much the price went up. My PM2 was iirc 179 3+ years ago. At least you also get a temp probe with it.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No alternative. Proprietary connector and no published info to DIY something.

Only possible "alternatives" are things like the Hanna salinity checker that will only test manually. No alternative exists for continuous measurement.

OP
OP
Digh0621

Digh0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No alternative. Proprietary connector and no published info to DIY something.

Only possible "alternatives" are things like the Hanna salinity checker that will only test manually. No alternative exists for continuous measurement.
Thank you sir! That was the answer I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back