OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, where are the instructions for getting Apex Fusion setup on a Fire tablet?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Still working on this. Finally got my calibration fluids (I actually got GHL calibration fluids bc my LFS carries those instead of Neptune brand...I was told it doesn't matter which I use).

I'm curious about a few things though:

1) I have moved my temp probe to my PM2 module as instructed above. How do I set the Apex display to show that reading instead of the temp port reading on the brain?
2) Similarly, where do I find "configuration" in the Fusion dashboard? I'm trying to rename my temp probe reading.
3) Is there a benefit to investing in a second temp probe to run from the brain? How would you use an extra temp probe?

1. Using the display go into setup--temp setup then to temp name I believe. You can then toggle thru your temp probe names and set which one to monitor.

2. I believe the configuration button only works with the new 2016 apex. You can only rename outlets with the classic. I could be wrong though.

3. I run a 2nd temp probe, but only because o had a second one laying around. I don't feel its totally essential.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, where are the instructions for getting Apex Fusion setup on a Fire tablet?

Open the tablets browser, go to apexfusion.com and then create shortcut on the homepage haha

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Open the tablets browser, go to apexfusion.com and then create shortcut on the homepage haha
This video is a little more informative... :p

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any way to set salinity probe to SG rather than salinity in ppt? I'm thinking probably not, but just curious. Also, I calibrated using 50ms calibration fluid but the apex only has a setting for 53ms...so how far off am I likely to be?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, it seems like my EB8 may be missing? This is what I see when I click on outlets:

upload_2017-6-27_14-41-45.png

#apexusers

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, it seems like my EB8 may be missing? This is what I see when I click on outlets:

upload_2017-6-27_14-41-45.png

#apexusers
Have you tried unplugging your EB8, cycling your cpu and re-installing it? The cpu definitely isn't registering it correctly. How are you, or are you able to, programming your outlets?

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to set salinity probe to SG rather than salinity in ppt? I'm thinking probably not, but just curious.

Not that I know of. TBH I have just become used to seeing it in ppt there, and reading it in SG off my refractometer. I'm not overly concerned with the exact reading the probe gives me, as much as seeing stability. :)

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to set salinity probe to SG rather than salinity in ppt? I'm thinking probably not, but just curious. Also, I calibrated using 50ms calibration fluid but the apex only has a setting for 53ms...so how far off am I likely to be?

No you can't.

DLock3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind...the issue was user error. :oops::oops::oops: I ummm...MAY have had my temp probe plugged into a v1/v2 port instead of the probe port on the brain... :rolleyes::oops:;Blackeye

I know this was a year ago but this just saved me a lot of additional aggravation. I too was having that issue and couldn't figure it out. I'm still trying to get my Neptune ATO to work...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back