Apex - Suggested Bootup Sequence

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've searched a bit but haven't found an answer.

Is there a suggested bootup or restart sequence for the classic Apex, specifically in regard to the network connection?

I'm trying to figure out what my best chances are for getting a "Comm OK" message on the Apex after a controller restart. The Apex gets its network connection from an Apple Airport Express, which is properly configured, and always maintains network connection.

You may be asking, why are you restarting the controller?... I'm setting up a new tank, and have been programming the Apex. I've found that while getting the controller fully programmed and configured with Apex Fusion, I've had to restart it several times. Each time, there seems to be a serious lag in getting the network connection back up. It always seems to happen eventually, but only after various power cycles of the Apex base unit, network adapter, etc. I'm just looking for the best sequence.

Relevant equipment:
Apex Classic:
- Base unit
- Display
- EB8 (2)

Networking:
Apple Airport Express

Thanks!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I need to reboot, I reboot for the Apex display. center botton>system>restart.

Are you Ethernet or wifi connected?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've searched a bit but haven't found an answer.

Is there a suggested bootup or restart sequence for the classic Apex, specifically in regard to the network connection?

I'm trying to figure out what my best chances are for getting a "Comm OK" message on the Apex after a controller restart. The Apex gets its network connection from an Apple Airport Express, which is properly configured, and always maintains network connection.

You may be asking, why are you restarting the controller?... I'm setting up a new tank, and have been programming the Apex. I've found that while getting the controller fully programmed and configured with Apex Fusion, I've had to restart it several times. Each time, there seems to be a serious lag in getting the network connection back up. It always seems to happen eventually, but only after various power cycles of the Apex base unit, network adapter, etc. I'm just looking for the best sequence.

Relevant equipment:
Apex Classic:
- Base unit
- Display
- EB8 (2)

Networking:
Apple Airport Express

Thanks!
Sometimes you have to do a total reset and kill your existing Fusion link.
Then you have get and new "Cookie" and restart Fusion with the new "Cookie".
You got to do those things per Neptune's guidelines.

Neptune Systems will help you out if you open a ticket.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune will tell you to hardwire it. I had the same issue when I first got my apex, I was told to hardwire it to my router.

I never did figure it out, so I hardwired my apex to my router and have never had the issue since.

The classic apex dosen't like wireless, it prefers to be hardwired. While wireless does work, it can be quite flaky with the classic apex.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 169 72.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back