Apex text alert

maxwell50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I was wondering if there is a way for apex to send me text alerts from same number? When I get ph swings at night I get 10 texts from 10 different numbers.

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can do it by email or text... you have to go through settings and check for alerts
i do text but i mute the convo so it doesn't send me a millions messages and check most recent one

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi

I was wondering if there is a way for apex to send me text alerts from same number? When I get ph swings at night I get 10 texts from 10 different numbers.
I think its so you actually pay attention to a 'new alert'. The email works the same way. you get an email every so often until the problem is fixed.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They can do it by email or text... you have to go through settings and check for alerts
i do text but i mute the convo so it doesn't send me a millions messages and check most recent one

I do text also - so I dont understand. When I get a text - and the problem isn't corrected - I get another text (a new one - ie as if its part of a new conversation). So muting the first conversation wouldn't do anything (at least the way my alerts are happening)

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do text also - so I dont understand. When I get a text - and the problem isn't corrected - I get another text (a new one - ie as if its part of a new conversation). So muting the first conversation wouldn't do anything (at least the way my alerts are happening)
Same, when the problem isn't corrected it keeps texting every hour on my end it seems till its fixed... but i based my reading a little higher and lower so i was constantly getting alerts even when i was in range... but mine are from the same #, not different and it got annoying after a little while

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same, when the problem isn't corrected it keeps texting every hour on my end it seems till its fixed... but i based my reading a little higher and lower so i was constantly getting alerts even when i was in range... but mine are from the same #, not different and it got annoying after a little while

AH - I end up with 15 different texts.. And emails.

OP
OP
maxwell50

maxwell50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
03ff84c313a44aae54362db6cd450575.jpg
here’s what mine looks like

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have AT&T, and this carrier doesn't 'thread' these messages together, as you would see a conversation with a regular phone number.
This is unfortunately how it works with AT&T. It's a pain if you're getting a lot of alerts and still want to be able to carry on other conversations.
Some other carriers do; with Verizon, for example, all your Apex text alerts can be grouped. (Or at least, I've seen it on one friend's phone.)

About a month ago, I noticed that, for whatever reason, Apex text alerts were arriving variably late.
Sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 10 minutes or more.
Not sure if this was a problem with AT&T, or Neptune's message servers.
Either way, I decided to switch from texts to notifications by the Apex Fusion app.
So much better - They pop up within seconds of any alert condition triggering,
and they don't appear at all in my text conversations list.

I also get email notifications, but this is more to establish a 'digital trail' if I want to troubleshoot something later.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those source numbers are generated by the cellular carrier, not by Apex Fusion.

I don’t use text messages for alerts anymore - I prefer the Apex Fusion app push notifications.

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have AT&T, and this carrier doesn't 'thread' these messages together, as you would see a conversation with a regular phone number.
This is unfortunately how it works with AT&T. It's a pain if you're getting a lot of alerts and still want to be able to carry on other conversations.
Some other carriers do; with Verizon, for example, all your Apex text alerts can be grouped. (Or at least, I've seen it on one friend's phone.)

About a month ago, I noticed that, for whatever reason, Apex text alerts were arriving variably late.
Sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 10 minutes or more.
Not sure if this was a problem with AT&T, or Neptune's message servers.
Either way, I decided to switch from texts to notifications by the Apex Fusion app.
So much better - They pop up within seconds of any alert condition triggering,
and they don't appear at all in my text conversations list.

I also get email notifications, but this is more to establish a 'digital trail' if I want to troubleshoot something later.
I can verify Verizon does it all in one grouped message

I'd hate to have a million different numbers text me

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back