apex to tunze cable extension?

  • Thread starter Thread starter drukkosz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drukkosz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
340
Reaction score
400
Location
Twinsburg
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some research I couldn't find an answer to my question so here I am.

My apex is in my basement and my tunze pump is upstairs in my main display. I have 2 Channel Apex to Tunze Stream Cable but its very short and wont reach the pump. Is there any kind of extension i can use in order to control the pump through my apex?

Does anybody know if this cable would work?:

Profilux Tunze Connection Cable - Type 2​

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/profilux-tunze-connection-cable-type-2-ghl.html
Thank you.
 
Thank you for your responses. Now I have a idea what to look for. I was wondering, is there a reason why not try the cable from profilux?
 
this is the cable, not sure why they made it so short. It has 1 RJ45 connector which plugs into the Apex base unit
Did you ever find a solution to this?

I am working on the same issue and wondering if a regular cat 6 extension cable with the Rj45 Male & Female ends will work to extend the cable.
 
Did you ever find a solution to this?

I am working on the same issue and wondering if a regular cat 6 extension cable with the Rj45 Male & Female ends will work to extend the cable.
unfortunately I have not. I had to mount my apex unit very high in order for it to reach it...
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new