Apex trident accuracy?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the trident numbers starts being off when the reagent is closer to 10%? Thats tje numbers between salifert and hanna, and trident

IMG_1868.png IMG_1867.png

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find with mine that the numbers do change when the reagents get low. When I fill the Reagents I recalibrate the Trident to the tank water after testing.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find with mine that the numbers do change when the reagents get low. When I fill the Reagents I recalibrate the Trident to the tank water after testing.
I believe they should send me the calibration bottle with the trident regeant when i reorder.

FilthyFifty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, after a while my numbers did change but I refilled the reagents and recalibrate like the other people listed above and things went back to normal.

TurboTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always get the 6 month kit and it always comes with 3 calibration bottles - just got a new kit 2 months back
I also see a drift when bottles are down to 10% range - I just expect it now, and don't try to compensate

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the trident numbers starts being off when the reagent is closer to 10%? Thats tje numbers between salifert and hanna, and trident

IMG_1868.png IMG_1867.png

What makes you believe that the other tests are accurate? Margin of error between each test kit and trident? Are you taking a water sample at the same location and time as the trident test is run?

To your question, no I don't really notice a difference and I use the standard 4/2/2 schedule. I usually change reagents somewhere between the 5 and 10% range anyway. Only Neptune reagents here.

Also Neptune includes calibration solution with each box. Unless they changed something recently but I've not heard of that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back