Apex trident / dose help!!!

Surfpulse

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
80
Location
Northern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey

So I have had the trident for a few months now. It has been jumping all over with its readings last week. I have restarted it, factory reset, calibrated it add new solution and still my levels are off. Is this thing really this bad?
Plus I tried to allow it to dose my tank, but it dumping a ton into my tank and honestly I barely have anything in the tank. Maybe 20 small frags or so in 180 gallon tank. My alk per the system is 8.7 but with hanna check im at 11.2.
I asked my buddy who has a aquarium business, he told me to reach out on here. He is 110% a GHL guy and has little knowledge about apex. So any advice or guidance would be pretty rad, considering someone else has had to have an issue with this?

Also I have reached out to neptune and unfortunately they have not seen to be a lot of help. Its an on going process.
I have half way tempted to sell this all and go to GHL.
 
I’d keep contact with apex. Right now I would test all parameters, if they are off by a little then dose slowly by hand, if they are off by a lot do a small waterchange or again dose (slowly!)
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new