Apex Trident Giving Bad CA Range???

Octane13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex Trident is giving me a bad CA range reading?

Neptune supports is putting me through the ringer with steps , now they want me to take the cover off the unit to see the Culvette and take a 40 minute video and upload it to YouTube and send it to them.
Literally going through the same with ALK one day just lost its mind and read 13+ after being ~8.3. for a month. After two different videos one with flash on (way easier to see whats happening). It is annoying but obviously it shows them if all the dosing heads are functioning correctly. Have you sent them logs yet?

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally going through the same with ALK one day just lost its mind and read 13+ after being ~8.3. for a month. After two different videos one with flash on (way easier to see whats happening). It is annoying but obviously it shows them if all the dosing heads are functioning correctly. Have you sent them logs yet?

I contacted Neptune through their support and they had me take the entire unit apart and clean the culvette area and replace all solution's and it worked. Knock on wood , it has been fine the past month

reefing89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Neptune through their support and they had me take the entire unit apart and clean the culvette area and replace all solution's and it worked. Knock on wood , it has been fine the past month
What if you just literally changed out the the reagents the day before.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I have never seen regent b and c run dry unless at some point after properly installing new ones something was messed with. The trident has always stopped itself way before would suck air

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have issue with needles not being adjusted close enough to bottom of regent bottle. What I have done is take empty regent bottle and cut side open to make access window and then screw this bottle on each a b c to check and adjust needle height in each bottle.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
It’s weird my calcium went from 360 to 530 in a week.

It then showed that code Bad Range C

I tested with API twice and got 340ppm

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s weird my calcium went from 360 to 530 in a week.

It then showed that code Bad Range C

I tested with API twice and got 340ppm
Well now you know when you start to get that cal spike check regent level

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried using the trident needle guides people are 3D printing? Since using them my reading have been really stable. Only thing I had to do with mine was drill the hole from 2mm to 2.5mm as it was too tight around the needle. I’ve since made my own.

Veteran Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the error message today saying bad Ca range. This is just after a reagent replacement. It's been nothing but problems with the Ca reading from the start. Once it said 687 ca which is ridiculous. Tested with hanna and it read 399

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-161108_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-161108_APEX Fusion.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 18

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I'm getting the error message today saying bad Ca range. This is just after a reagent replacement. It's been nothing but problems with the Ca reading from the start. Once it said 687 ca which is ridiculous. Tested with hanna and it read 399
I recalibrated with recalibrated solution from trident. Reset, and It worked fine

Back