OP
Thawman

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never came with a filter. Though I've read other users received them with the maintenance kits. The intake line isn't clogged, I was able to purge that line and it filled the cuvette appropriately, additionally Ca and Mg are testing normal.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never came with a filter. Though I've read other users received them with the maintenance kits. The intake line isn't clogged, I was able to purge that line and it filled the cuvette appropriately, additionally Ca and Mg are testing normal.
They didn't use to come with them. Probably got enough warranty requests that ended up being amphipods stuck in the hose that they developed the filter and started including it.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anybody is still interested, this is what the filter looks like that is included with the maintenance kit.

IMG_0654.JPG

topjago

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say to check your ph levels if they are lowering or getting higher.. lower ph levels in the day will increase alk a lot. increase in ph will decrease alk a lot. If you don’t clean your glass for long time the ph will also increase. Balance your ph and your alk will balance better too. I would also ask the question if your running co2 scrubber or not and if you run fresh line to outside for skimmer. Do you run skimmer 24/7? What your skimmer is doing will give you much better manipulation of the ph.

I would make sure your trident is updated. And lines are going to someplace where water is moving not a dead spot

Last edited:

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you receive that from Neptune? is it necessary? How often do you have to replace it?
Sorry for all the questions
If anybody is still interested, this is what the filter looks like that is included with the maintenance kit.

IMG_0654.JPG

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you receive that from Neptune? is it necessary? How often do you have to replace it?
It comes with new trident, with the self service kit, or with your trident when returned from Neptune service. If you send support an email I'm sure they would send you one if you just pay shipping.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated, you can get it from a couple of different places. No, it isn't necessary unless you have a lot of particulates floating around in your sump that could get sucked up into the intake line......and don't aplogize for questions, that is what we are all here for :)

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for answering my questions, the reason I was asking is because I was having issues with the readings on my trident and now there right where I want them. I want to avoid any more issues you know what I mean.
As stated, you can get it from a couple of different places. No, it isn't necessary unless you have a lot of particulates floating around in your sump that could get sucked up into the intake line......and don't aplogize for questions, that is what we are all here for :)

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had sent mine in at the beginning of the year and they didn’t send me one with my service
It comes with new trident, with the self service kit, or with your trident when returned from Neptune service. If you send support an email I'm sure they would send you one if you just pay shipping.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few notes:

• Which reagents (have to ask this)
  • Don't chase numbers between manual or automated testing.
  • If dosing are the lines away from the Trident sample line?
  • How is Salinity ?
  • How is pH?
  • When was the last time it was calibrated and what solution and age (new vs reuse vs other)

Do you have a calibration solution that is unopened? Or do you have a Fauna Marin multi reference solution? If so you can remove the sample line, wipe it off, then place the sample line into the multi reference solution and run a manual test to see what the Trident reports. This will give you an indication. Note: not calibrating just using the solution for a manual test to compare.

I keep the Fanua Marin multi reference on hand since it is a great product and lasts 6 months after opening if capped well and after use. I had my alkalinity drop and not increase after adjusting my dosing. I manually corrected alk, it would continue to drop, so I thought it was the trident. I pulled out the reference solution, took the Trident sample line, wiped it off, placed the reference solution about the same height so the trident sample line was in the same please, and ran a manual test. Numbers from Trident came back spot on so I knew it was really consumption issue vs testing.

Now that you have those numbers with a test from the Trident using a reference solution of known open a ticket to Neptune and you can pass that information on along with your reagent lot numbers so they can further assist you.

I self serviced my Trident a tick over the two year mark. I knew a few fellow hobbyists who had their pre-launch (NSI testers) that are still running strong without service.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean your cuvette and then recalibrate. It is super easy to get to it and clean it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back