Apex Trident

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had nothing but problems with my 2 ( two ) tridents since i purchased them back in June 2020. Both unit are reading high alk at 12 ( when tested manually it was reading 8.0 ) then it would read "test A" failed or B or C depending on the mood of the trident. I contacted them on multiple occasions by phone , but was always advised to open up a ticket. I opened up so many tickets i lost track. I was told to take videos , send pictures , open up the unit ... etc ( with no resolution ) After a month or so of emailing back and forth, Neptune finally gave me a RMA number to send back both unit ( still under warranty )
A couple of weeks later I received my units and an email stating both tridents passed bench test. Nothing was explained to me as to what happened.
When i opened up the box, i noticed right away this might not be my originals, but refubished tridents.
I keep all my equipment in tip top shape and baby them from dent , scratches and dirt. ( yes i'm a little weird that way )
Disappointed with you Neptune
ty.jpg
tt.jpg
th.jpg
tr.jpg

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry. do you have a question, or just venting? I get it, but curious.

I have a trident - no issues.

I have used neptune (apex) for years and have on/off issues, most get resolved... some with small cost. and yes to your point, i feel sometimes they "fix" the unit you send in, by giving you another one refurbished.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a trident, when I first got it a line was bent and was getting failed errors. Simply fixed it and it was fine.

two months ago I was getting weird readings but after two days, I was able to reset it and recalibrate it. Good as used?

Well did these two you just got back work at least? I’d take a working one then a non working one any day.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m sorry that happened FM. I feel the same way and take care of all my equipment with care not to get scratches etc. I would call them again and explain your situation with pictures to back it up. Just explain to them that you keep your equipment pristine and they didn’t tell you they were replacing your units with refurbished units.

drbark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not getting back your newer Trident was not cool. At least give you a new one if they can't fix the used one.

Inaccurate results that I have dealt with regarding my Trident in the past.
1) The intake line was bent or pinched on a rock in the sump. I always make sure that the line is not bent or kinked.

2) Had a bad batch of reagent. My Alk once was reading way off all of a sudden. I performed a calibration and it still was off. So then I pulled another Alk reagent from a totally different box and it was only off by 0.4 dKH.

3) Once my line in the unit was kinked. I loaded them wrong then it got kinked.

I have had my Trident for 3 years now. Every third reagent batch I do a calibration and I make sure my intake and drain lines are not kinked and are clean. I use RODI to clean them. My LFS suggested I use vinegar but I don't know what it will do to the readings or the unit so I have been too chicken to try. Hope this helps. I know I am new on R2R but have been in the hobby for 18 years.

If I ever send in my unit I will make sure I put some kind of a sticker or something on it for id purposes. ;)

OP
OP
FMF0331

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ever send in my unit I will make sure I put some kind of a sticker or something on it for id purposes. ;)
I thought about doing that before i sent in my unit, but i figure this is a big company and was reputable. I was truly disappointed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back