Apex Wi-Fi issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter LT43
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LT43

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2019
Messages
106
Reaction score
53
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ongoing support ticket with Neptune about my issue but maybe I can find faster help here. My Apex will not connect to Wi-Fi, I have tried resetting the unit, using my phone to set it up, my wife’s phone, and also using a hardwire and then setting up the Wi-Fi via the admin login via the web browser. When I try to do it with my phone it says “Unable to join the network” and then sits on a loading screen indefinitely. Everything works fine when I have it hardwired but unfortunately there is no way to have that permanently short of running new Ethernet cables to that room. Firmware is also all up to date.

Suggestions?
 
I figured out a temporary, or permanent depending on Neptune support, work around for anyone also in this situation. I got a portable Wi-Fi router and set it up in client mode, hooked the router to my home Wi-Fi and then plugged the router into the Apex via Ethernet and it’s working great. We will see what happens next week, I have a support call scheduled with Neptune.

TP-Link N300 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router(TL-WR802N) - WiFi Bridge/Range Extender/Access Point/Client Modes, Mobile in Pocket https://a.co/d/guIjQKN
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new