Apex won't reconnect to fusion

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#apexusers my apex has disconnected from fusion, and I'm not sure how to reconnect. The apex is connected via ethernet cable to my wifi extender, and I've verified that the extender is on and working. I've reset the apex... What else should I do?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2016 Apex? Mine does this all the time and is hardwired as well. Take a paperclip or bamboo skewer and press it into the small pinhole next to the auxiliary power input on the underside of the controller. Press and hold until the light changes to blue and release. The color will cycle back to orange. Wait a few minutes and it will reconnect. This hard reset is the only way I’ve found to reconnect to Fusion in these situations... super annoying! :mad:

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2016 Apex? Mine does this all the time and is hardwired as well. Take a paperclip or bamboo skewer and press it into the small hole on the underside of the controller. Press and hold until the light changes to blue and release. It will cycle back to orang. Wait a few minutes and it will reconnect. This hard reset is the only way I’ve found to reconnect to Fusion... super annoying!
I tried that, and it cycled but didn't reconnect. I'll try again.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that doesn’t work, I’ve found that powercycling the router then hard resetting again will work.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jonfishman gaveThe same advice I would have given—thiS has worked for me.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem occasionally. same as above is always the fix. Have to unplug the apex for about 2-3 minutes and reboot all the network equipment in the house and then plug everything back in and it always reconnects.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens to me more than I’m comfortable with unfortunately. Doesn’t inspire much confidence when I’m away... :(

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex unfortunately doesn't always play well with some routers, wifi extenders, and powerline devices.
I had similar issues with connectivity at first, as well. Lots of people seem to.
Now I have a mesh router system in my home, and connections are rock solid.
I also put my Apex systems each on a UPS, and I believe that helped with reliability as well.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Change the wifi recently?
No, and it's the first time I've had this happen. I've had the Apex over a year. I'll try the full disconnect and turning everything off and back on this morning.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reserved my Apex IP addresses in my router and have never had an issue with connectivity, other than when my ISP had a bad line outside. I'm under the impression that most of the connectivity issues comes down to the startup "handshake." It seems that the Apex tries to connect and somewhat regularly times out before the router is up.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reserved my Apex IP addresses in my router and have never had an issue with connectivity, other than when my ISP had a bad line outside. I'm under the impression that most of the connectivity issues comes down to the startup "handshake." It seems that the Apex tries to connect and somewhat regularly times out before the router is up.
I did this as well. Still run into some issues every now and then. Granted much less frequently than I used to. Seems pretty random when it happens so I assume it is related to my ISP doing something in the area when it happens.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex is hardwired via Ethernet. I have USPs for my Apex, modem and router. However, my ISP (Optimum) has fairly regular signal interruptions. Whenever that happens, I get disconnected from Fusion and my only remedy is either a physical hard reset of the head unit, or the power cycling of both the head unit and router as mentioned above. Very annoying, when I thought I had my bases covered by purchasing the USPs.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set a reserved IP for the APEX in my router and then turned DHCP OFF in the APEX. It resolved the handshake problem for me.

Back