Apex

Robbie_b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i order a apex system with wav pumps and it should be here monday (super excited been waiting for a while :D). Just wonder if theres any tips on set up, maintence or just tricks that anyone has figured out. Thank u in advance!

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a lot. So much that it’ll make your head spin. I’d recommend the basic learning and functionality of the Apex Fusion dashboard to start. After that come back and ask for programming tips and code writing. Otherwise, it’s pretty much plug and play.
Enjoy your new toy!

flyline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have one but am thinking of getting one maybe someone cane do a apex for dummies

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have one but am thinking of getting one maybe someone cane do a apex for dummies

You know, I've been trying to get BRS to do a basic set up video of an Apex for months. They aren't that tough to set up but all the info and videos out are so scattered and abbreviated that it is confusing. Even the Apex produced videos are sketchy. It would be in their best interest to do an actual step by step set-up video - real time and their sales would skyrocket when people saw how easy it is. You can make it simple or as complicated as you want it to be. I have one that actually controls 2 tanks and I had to pick peoples brains to make it work, the info is so scattered that it's no wonder why people are hesitant about adding one. Apex controllers are a great tool, it's just the delivery of info is so sketchy.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Be sure to follow Neptune's Getting Started guide: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/

2. If you have an iPhone or iPad, the newly updated Fusion IOS app greatly simplifies the setup process and is covered in the Getting Started guide above. Many people have reported difficulty trying to set it up with Android.

3. Once you're ready to mount your probes, remove the protective caps from the pH and ORP probes before placing them in your sump. They are shipped with caps to keep them moist because they are ruined if they dry out. The temperature probe's tip should not be removed.

4. Wait a week or so before calibrating the probes. They need some time to soak before the readings become stable.

5. Join the Neptune Community Forums. It's by far the best resource for Apex expertise. While you can get some support here on R2R or on the Neptune Facebook group, the Neptune forums have many years of historic threads and many experts who are there to help out.

6. After you're familiar with the basic Apex operation and want to get into more advanced programming, take a look at my 8-part Apex programming tutorial series here on R2R:

Part 1 Introduction
Part 2 Timers
Part 3 Automatic Top-Off Kit (ATK)
Part 4 Power Monitoring
Part 5 Virtual Outputs
Part 6 Alarms
Part 7 Feed Cycles
Part 8 Lunar Schedule and Lighting Profiles (Conclusion)

Congrats on your new Apex!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back