API general cure vs fritz paracleanse?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be soaking the food in it with focus rather then dosing the whole tank with it. Glad to hear that it’s no problem to use as it seems that me and you have a similar outlook on meds. Thank you
Ah! Don’t soak food in either product, it won’t work. The oral dose of the two medications are different, so if you get one right, the other will be off.

Jay

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah! Don’t soak food in either product, it won’t work. The oral dose of the two medications are different, so if you get one right, the other will be off.

Jay
So if I soak the food in the paracleanse and use focus to bind it to the food it won’t work properly?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I soak the food in the paracleanse and use focus to bind it to the food it won’t work properly?
Nope, it won’t work. The simple test is ask yourself - what will the dose of the two component medications be? If the answer is, “I don’t know” then don’t do the treatment, it can’t work.
Metronidazole is dosed at 0.5% in food. Praziquantel is dosed differently, 75 mg per kg of fish weight.
Im on my phone and I can’t link the files for you, but there is an article on proper dosing of medicated foods at the top of the fish disease forum.
Dosing the water a better way to deliver these medications.
Jay

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, it won’t work. The simple test is ask yourself - what will the dose of the two component medications be? If the answer is, “I don’t know” then don’t do the treatment, it can’t work.
Metronidazole is dosed at 0.5% in food. Praziquantel is dosed differently, 75 mg per kg of fish weight.
Im on my phone and I can’t link the files for you, but there is an article on proper dosing of medicated foods at the top of the fish disease forum.
Dosing the water a better way to deliver these medications.
Jay
I’ll go find that article and read up on it, thank you once again!

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back