OP
OP
Hamza Hamid

Hamza Hamid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this hobby anything is possible. It looks like you do have traces of ammonia after mixing. RSCP is a great salt, but a little pricey for me. I have heard from a friend that there was a time when Instant Ocean had a bad batch 8 years back and he had to get rid of it all.
I think replacing salt with RSCP will fix my issue. But my clowns are doing great and very active. I will take the water to my aquarium shop guy let him test with his kit And also salt replacement.

Your videos are great on YouTube. Keep going thanks.

OP
OP
Hamza Hamid

Hamza Hamid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think replacing salt with RSCP will fix my issue. But my clowns are doing great and very active. I will take the water to my aquarium shop guy let him test with his kit And also salt replacement.

Your videos are great on YouTube. Keep going thanks.
Hello mate, you are pretty right.
I tested ammonia with API it shows me green 1.0 ppm and tested with Salifert Ammonia shows me 0 ammonia (Milky white coloured) I think salifert is right.
Test phosphate with api shows high in phosphate also. No pics this time sorry.

OP
OP
Hamza Hamid

Hamza Hamid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this hobby anything is possible. It looks like you do have traces of ammonia after mixing. RSCP is a great salt, but a little pricey for me. I have heard from a friend that there was a time when Instant Ocean had a bad batch 8 years back and he had to get rid of it all.
I tested ammonia with API it shows me green 1.0 ppm and tested with Salifert Ammonia shows me 0 ammonia (Milky white coloured) I think salifert is right.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am watching a thread now with a lot of testing going on. The other person has been showing test results that the Salifert ammonia test kit has been off. So honestly I wouldn't trust it.

OP
OP
Hamza Hamid

Hamza Hamid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am watching a thread now with a lot of testing going on. The other person has been showing test results that the Salifert ammonia test kit has been off. So honestly I wouldn't trust it.
U mean salifert is also sh***t doesn't work. Elos is not available in UAE. Shipping is costing double the cost. Hanna is available digital one but expensive. Hanna is good1 ?

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back