• Salifert

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have been using Api for years now and have heard theyre like bottomline. I technically didnt do water changes on my tank for 3 months(i did but only twice) cause i ran out of salt and didnt buy a new bucket cause i was thinking of switching salts idk why it took me so long. But well yea ive been doing water changes for 2 months now to bring my nitrates down from 160 on the api kit to now 40 on the api kit. I was at the lfs just now and saw a salifert kit for 5 bucks off and asked the shop owner which is better, the api or salifert and he immediately said ohh api is crap if you really want to test properly. So i said ok give me the salifert one to try. So i got home and tested with the salifert kit and got a reading of 25. Thats a 15 difference. He told me the salifert is wayyyyy more reliable and trustworthy. Is that right? Ive used salifert in the past when dosing copper only so ive only used the copper test.

Any opinion is welcomed!

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red sea.. hmm i havent tried them yet hahaha they cost an arm and leg over here. In the hundreds. I dont live in the US so test kits here range from 40(being api) and up to 300(henna). Salifert costing 80-90 so thats 100 less than red sea. So yea

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back