App Issues Continue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having continued issues with the app? I'm on Android app version 3.8.2.

I've had the app lock up on both 3.8.1 and 3.8.2. I've also noticed it's a lot slower on loading data or fails getting data.

I think they need to roll it back to before 3.8.1.

The data shown is not the sensor pulled up. Temp shows pH and vice versa.

Screenshot_20200523-005805.png
Screenshot_20200523-005818.png

When I went back to double check I got this, they did not load.

Screenshot_20200523-010032.png

This is what the top of the sensor pages look like on my Mini WiFi.

Screenshot_20200523-005654.png

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is ok for me with 3.8.2, maybe a isolated problem for you :-/

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I went back in and none of the sensors would load. I did a force stop and cleared the cashe, which seamed to fix it at first.

But then I had the app locking up again. If I use my phones back button while having graphs open in fullscreen mode the app locks up (the < at the bottom of the screen in my screenshots in the initial post). It takes me back to the dashboard and I can no longer scroll or select anything on the screen. If I use the fullscreen mode on/off dropdown to get out of fullscreen mode the app does not lock up.

After it locks up and I go back in is when it exhibits the behavior with the sensors not showing the correct sensor and failures to load. I have to clear the cashe to get the app working correctly again.

So now I know enough to not use the phone controls at the bottom of my screen and to just use the in app controls. But this is something that masses need to be aware of, or it needs to be fixed somehow. The dropdown to exit fullscreen mode is not that apparent and the phone controls bar is always there at the bottom of the screen. It's very easy to select the phone controls back button over the dropdown.

The Mini WiFi sensor screens still look the same as in my original post.

VegetaD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
similar connection issues on android here. :( I did the same clear cache and uninstalled. was using it as a beta tester. Going to try a none beta version. Rebooting the P4e does not seem to help

Update: I unjoined the beta group in google play and then reinstalled the app and the sensors, charts are back working. HTH

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back