Apps and programs

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just wondering if there are some better apps out there for logging the growth and parameters of your tanks? Currently I am using Aquarium Note, it isn't bad just looking to find some other apps people like.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apps? Is pen and paper considered an old school app?

Seriously, what good is an app if you loose your phone? I have several notebooks going back a decade that can tell you anything you need to know about my aquarium. I'll stick to old school.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, what good is an app if you loose your phone? I have several notebooks going back a decade that can tell you anything you need to know about my aquarium. I'll stick to old school.
I hear you there!!! One good thing about AquaticLog is you create an account. So you can log in from anything. But, what if the app crashes? You’re SOL, Lol!!!!! Up until about a year ago, I wrote things down. I still have a spreadsheet/aquarium log my wife made for me 17 years ago: And before that I was just writing things down in a notebook. Sometimes old school is better in a lot of ways. How did this hobby survive without all these fancy controllers and gadgets we have these days? Technology is great and I love it, but there can be downsides.

Travis Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just wondering if there are some better apps out there for logging the growth and parameters of your tanks? Currently I am using Aquarium Note, it isn't bad just looking to find some other apps people like.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.
I have used Pocket Marine to record my parameters. It has a very good graphing function to see measurements over time and also includes reference guides for livestock.

xclintonx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apps? Is pen and paper considered an old school app?

If I lose my phone I have a lot more to worry about than my reef :) FWIW, I use Aquarimate.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back