Apstasia or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cuzuco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cuzuco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2019
Messages
109
Reaction score
167
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately I have been invaded by what is seems to me apstasia.
that being said, all the pictures I see about apstasia seem to show them more transparent than the ones I have and also a bit different, so I am beginning to think that maybe this is another sort of anemone.

can anyone tell?
39EFE47B-B221-4FBA-ACA2-C46BA29E1B0E.jpeg
B4B248E5-47F6-4E13-95AE-3A5A5F58EE7B.jpeg
30618ED7-55C1-491C-84F5-F00493CB043A.jpeg
 
That, or kalk paste ,just careful not to do too many at once, or get paste on other corals.
 
Also, if easy to get to, a nem cannon works well for them, as they are photosynthetic.

You would just use a smaller piece of sponge and a smaller diameter pipe. 3/4" or 1" works well for majanos. Usually only needs to be 3-4" long.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/safe-and-easy-diy-way-to-remove-nems.861213/
Thanks so much.
I may give it a try but now I got too many of them. That being said this method guarantees that you aren’t leaving anything behind and have the same issue later again. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new