Aptasia and something else?

William Spak

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2019
Messages
303
Reaction score
123
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

Attached is a photo I would like some critter ID, on, I think they may be messing with some of my corals. I've circled the organisms in question

What I think to be aptasia is in red, and the mystery organism is in green. The green ones are little stony rods that are forming all around the tank.

Thanks!


reef.png
 
The ones in red look to me like feather duster worms - harmless filter feeders. Good test is if they close up quickly or slowly.
The ones in green look like vermetid snails - bad guys that irritate coral. Break off the tube and cover with super glue to kill.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new