Aptasia is back with a vengeance

reefernc02

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2025
Messages
506
Reaction score
275
Location
Cherryville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m going to pick up a copper band that has been eating susessfully for about 3 weeks now I’ve have them before but never a problem with aptasia until now anyone had one eat aptasia successfully
 
Awesome and yes they are I had mine for 5 years and only lost him due to a heater malfunction while out of town
 
ah man. what a bummer. ive been thru that too. i have one right now that im trying to convince to eat 😢 . i hope it goes great with yours!
 
Hopefully so I feed 4 different kinds of frozen foods as well as live three times a day in small portions for my anthias
 
Awesome and yes they are I had mine for 5 years and only lost him due to a heater malfunction while out of town
So sorry to hear about that!
 
I did the same exact thing about 7 months ago and he totally annihilated the aptasia in the tank. Never to be seen again.

Mine eats everything and anything. He is the most aggressive on the nori clip along side my Tangs. He eats LRS etc, now I make homemade and eats that as well.
 
I did the same exact thing about 7 months ago and he totally annihilated the aptasia in the tank. Never to be seen again.

Mine eats everything and anything. He is the most aggressive on the nori clip along side my Tangs. He eats LRS etc, now I make homemade and eats that as well.
Can’t wait they are make my zoas look 😢
 
Hopefully so I feed 4 different kinds of frozen foods as well as live three times a day in small portions for my anthias
Try mutilating one or two Aiptasia (scalpel, scrape them off the glass, disturb, disembowel, turn into a possible snack item) and then let the fish calm down for a few minutes before you feed the tank. It might help the new fish recognize the pest nems as food, especially if they are "bleeding" while everyone is feeding.
 
Hopefully so I feed 4 different kinds of frozen foods as well as live three times a day in small portions for my anthias
Try mutilating one or two Aiptasia (scalpel, scrape them off the glass, disturb, disembowel, turn into a possible snack item) and then let the fish calm down for a few minutes before you feed the tank. It might help the new fish recognize the pest nems as food, especially if they are "bleeding" while everyone is feeding.
Up date copper band arrived but I’m having to catch and trade in my purple tang because he chased and stressed the poor cbb I have an acclimation box but the purple has a cranky side and I’m not gonna have something be a bully
 
Update in a acclimation box and eating blood worms and mysis soaked in selcon 😁
I've had really good results spot treating with joes juice.

Hopefully your new cbb will be an aiptasia slayer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new