Aptasia issue

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on how your butterfly is doing? Still leaving corals alone? I tried adding nudis again like last time but my marine betta ate them all before they could eat the aptasia so I'm looking into a kleini now...

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on how your butterfly is doing? Still leaving corals alone? I tried adding nudis again like last time but my marine betta ate them all before they could eat the aptasia so I'm looking into a kleini now...

Unfortunately it had to go! I first pulled a couple of finger leathers it was picking at and then a few zoas/palys. But I quickly found out if I kept the Kleini this would become a FOWLR tank.

I really liked the fish, but traded it in at the LFS. It did eat all of the aiptasia at the time. Some has come back, but not much at this point.

Have you tried peppermint shrimp? I put 3 in one of my tanks that had some scattered aiptasia. The aiptasia is now gone.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it had to go! I first pulled a couple of finger leathers it was picking at and then a few zoas/palys. But I quickly found out if I kept the Kleini this would become a FOWLR tank.

I really liked the fish, but traded it in at the LFS. It did eat all of the aiptasia at the time. Some has come back, but not much at this point.

Have you tried peppermint shrimp? I put 3 in one of my tanks that had some scattered aiptasia. The aiptasia is now gone.

I might try that route again, first time the peppermints wiped out my acans instead of what they were there for. I haven't tried them again because my marine betta finds all other shrimp delicious....

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you using a filefish, I have one in a frag tank but I’d like to move him into my display. I have a clam...are they safe with clams?

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, after trying more berghia nudis and more peppermints, and having my MB eat all of the above, my kleini just spent its first night in the tank. I was at work all day today, but some of the significant aiptasia I've been seeing are missing (possibly hiding). Corals all seem okay. I'm off tomorrow and can keep a better eye on whats going on.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F-aptasia. It's basically a kalk mixture that stays for almost a week. It kills aptasia and they don't comeback. Mojano wands, kalk, joe juice, filefish, peppermint shrimp: HIT OR MISS. Nudis work great, but you need to add a good amount and wrasses and filefish can eat them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back