Aptasia show off thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lavey29
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yea I may have to rent a a file fish but he will probably smorgasbord on my softies
My filefish did not do significant damage to my softies but destroyed my Duncan. Of course she also did only pretty minimal damage to my aiptasia. You never know, but at least they are easy to catch and remove if needed.
 
20231020_200241.jpg
 
My tanks to small with 12 fish already
Small tank raised Molly Miller Blenny and captive bred peps raised on only glass cleaned up my problem relatively quickly. I even threw a pep in the sump and overflow just for shats and giggles. Not sure who's doing the majority but I did catch the blenny chowing down on one the other day.
 
Small tank raised Molly Miller Blenny and captive bred peps raised on only glass cleaned up my problem relatively quickly. I even threw a pep in the sump and overflow just for shats and giggles. Not sure who's doing the majority but I did catch the blenny chowing down on one the other day.
My peps just danced all day in front of me
 
So I tried a different technique with Aptasia X yesterday. As I positioned the syringe right in front of the monsters, I drove the pointy end right into their heart and yelled " die sucka die" and then filled them with deadly aptasia X poison. Felt really good.

I'm sure they will be back in a few days though
 
I’m kinda jealous that I don’t have any….found bubble algae under my hair algae today but that’s not as cool as giant aiptasia.
 
Just picked up this super rare very expensive anemone from my LFS so excited! So rare most stores don’t even list it for sale!
F31A9A91-ABB6-4B23-96FE-2C195A09AF51.jpeg
That's a great LFS you have to sell you that rare beauty. Keeper for sure, actually you don't have to worry about trying to keep it. I'm sure he and his friends will be around a long time for you too. Welcome to the club
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new