Aptasia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Minifoot77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sesame Street Fire GIF by Bell Brothers
 
I am still not understanding. Take the power head out and scrub it off. While an aiptasia can regrow from tissue, it is not going to replicate itself from a single cell or spawn millions of babies if you miss a piece and it does regrow. It is not rooted in the plastic or immortal. If it were to regrow because you missed a bit it’s not going to take over the tank in a day. Just scrub the power head off. Use some bleach or peroxide if you wish or just use hot water. Use soap if you want.

12% peroxide can be hard on some plastics and synthetic rubber materials. The PH could be pvc, abs, styrene, etc. who knows. You can find a table for reactivity if you know the plastic.
There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF
 
Why do do you need any of that? Just take them out and scrub them off and rinse in fresh water. You aren’t dealing with Ebola.
I've found running in citric acid for a few minutes makes cleaning easier. I admit, strictly speaking I guess that's not a "need" though.
 
Immortal LOL, I love it. I think the concern is that so many of us have seen the population explode after attempting to eradicate a few.
They can certainly spread if you irritate them in the tank or break pieces off. I am also not going to deny that once they become prolific that they can be a nightmare.

So in that sense, I don't think that wanting to sure is being paranoid. I am just trying to add a bit of reality to it 🙃
 
They can certainly spread if you irritate them in the tank or break pieces off. I am also not going to deny that once they become prolific that they can be a nightmare.

So in that sense, I don't think that wanting to sure is being paranoid. I am just trying to add a bit of reality to it 🙃
So a flame thrower is a proper fix?
 
I've had immense success with very hot (near boiling) water, even inside the tank. Turkey baster with hot water slowly but directly on it until it lets go, then suck it up. Works great if you have one or two. You'll have to chase off your fish until the hot water dissipates.

Could probably work on pumps outside the tank, but obviously you'll want to determine if your plastic is going to get melty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new