aqua c remora silencer mod

  • Thread starter Thread starter dougers31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
212
Location
Albert lea, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this and it seems to work well on my tank.
You take a piece of water jug and cut it to size, then fold a couple of 90 degree angles on the ends and place it over the injector section. Very simple to do and reduced the noise level by about 50%. Below is a top down veiw of the skimmer and the piece of plastic that can be used.
skimmerbaffle.JPG
 
Interesting. I have been using the 'paper towel' mod. Basically a folded rectangular piece of paper tower put down over the injector section to muffle the noise. It works very well. You don't necessarily have to change the paper towel out all that frequently. It hasn't been a problem for me... but I'll still change it every month or so as there is potential for it to get grimy.

I may try that milk jug idea out. Sounds like it would work too.
 
Interesting. I have been using the 'paper towel' mod. Basically a folded rectangular piece of paper tower put down over the injector section to muffle the noise. It works very well. You don't necessarily have to change the paper towel out all that frequently. It hasn't been a problem for me... but I'll still change it every month or so as there is potential for it to get grimy.

I may try that milk jug idea out. Sounds like it would work too.

Sounds like you could do a combo of both and just put the p. towel on top of the piece of plastic for max quietness :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new