Aqua clear 110 filtration

crocodile receptionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my Aqua clear 110 on my 60g tank for about half a year and I am using the included sponge and bio max, along with Chemie pure blue. I was wondering if I am maximizing the use of this filter and what to add/remove, thanks. Btw i don't have a skimmer.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my Aqua clear 110 on my 60g tank for about half a year and I am using the included sponge and bio max, along with Chemie pure blue. I was wondering if I am maximizing the use of this filter and what to add/remove, thanks. Btw i don't have a skimmer.
I would suggest a skimmer they remove stuff that hob can't. Have you thought about using part or all as a refugium. Aquaclear are the best hob to use as a refugium

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a trick question lol. Just kidding. All tanks are different, so it really depends on your tank.

I love the aqua clear hob filters. Use them in my qts and this includes a 55g coral qt.

First thing is how is the tank doing? What are your nutrients at? Do you unwanted issues? Are you doing water changes to act as a replacement for the skimmer?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back