Aqua Illumination Multi-Light Mounting Kit

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with the AI HMS Mounting kit? I can't find good pictures to see how the vertical rails and mounting feet are attached to the aquarium? Is it firmly attached or just sitting on the rim? If not firmly attached what prevents it from being knocked over if someone were to bump it?

hms_hero.jpg

RumMnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the same w/3 26's on a 4'. it just sits on the rim.
The little corner brace can be set so the angle is slightly less than 90 however so when placed on the rim it provides a "little bite" on the edges... but you can still slide it around.

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel it is top heavy or prone to falling over? I am looking at it for a 4 foot long peninsula and just afraid someone walking by the end of the tank could knock it off easily.

RumMnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scares me to death, the foot it rests on is only 6" wide. I don't think it would take "a lot" to knock over, if bumped towards the bottom (which I have) it wants to slide.
If it was bumped towards the top it may be a different story.. "bump is relative". On a side note you can also set the width a little narrower than the tank Ie..1/4" which also adds some bite on the sides .

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the candid feedback. I'm thinking it is too risky the lights would either be knocked on the ground or worse yet in the tank so I will look at other options like a hanging kit from the ceiling.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back