Aqua Illumination - Nero 3 Date/Time Change randomly

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There is another post about "MXM may cause issues with your date & time settings " Here. Within that post, there is some discussion of Nero pumps resetting time to 1970 or some other random time.

New post as it happens without MXM. I have a Nero 3 I got used from here and have been struggling with it the last few weeks. I came home one day and my tank was dark. Looking into the issue the "tank" in Mobius was set to 3AM someday in 1970. I reset the time, but it did it again the next day. Taking some advice from the above post, I moved it to a separate tank in Mobius to be sure the pump was causing it. Sure enough, next day the pump was set back to 1970 and running at some unknown speed - almost like a fallback or failure speed. Very slow and almost no circulation. I have tried power cycles, soft reset and hard factory reset. It continues to happen almost daily. The last time I did a hard reset and didn't reload the existing profile. I created a new one. This worked for about 3 days, but this morning it was back to failure mode.

Anyone else having this issue?

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a possibility of power loss in that time?
I don't know if those have a battery in the controller, if it does it may need replacing.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Stealthreefer - good question - I have never taken the controller apart. There has been no power issues either.

@exnisstech - not sure on the AI app, but it has a device time you set in Mobius. I suppose I could move it back to AI and see if the issue goes away though. If I leave it in a tank group with my Prime, the whole setup defaults back to that time and messes up the lights too

thefeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, my Nero3 does the same thing...my nano is next to my desk, so I hear the pump spin up and down...a few times now I will hear it running at 70%, or I will just check, and sure enough the time is way off. Sometimes I have to click "set to current time" a few times. I have had to completely unplug and replug for it to set the right time, thus resuming my schedule. Have it for about 7 months now and only thing I have done to it is give a vinegar bath once because it was seizing up.

murraycamp1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is happening to me - has done it for 3 days now, about a week after I added my Nero 3. Is there an AI rep on R2R?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, sounds like a software issue.

Has anyone, updated their firmware before this started happened? or after this happened?

LucentFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im getting this issue now with a new nero 5, and it is messing up the time of my 2 hydra 32's. From posts iv sent the nero 5 into a new tank profile: AI Jail. Im using the AI app.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I dont think it matters which app. Modbus or AI... the device is doing it. If your nero 5 does it in its own group, then its the issue. You've don what they recommend. Contact AI support and they should send you a new one.

I just got my new Prime and all is well. I put them all back in the same group and good to go!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back