AQUAFOREST and WATERBOX OH MY!!

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by 120reefkeeper, Dec 11, 2017.

1. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Another update coming your way!

DSC reef, sneub and jsker like this.

2. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So let’s talk about plumbing the Waterbox.

Hands down the easiest plumbing install ever!!

Total time spent: maybe 15 minutes tops!

[​IMG]

3. 120reefkeeper

[​IMG]

No crazy size filter socks here! And they come with the tank.

Sgchick, Huy, Dsnakes and 5 others like this.
  4. 120reefkeeper

[​IMG]

The next thing to install was the sentry ATO it also comes with the Waterbox 135.4

Nice touch and easy install. I did make a change to the install but I’ll explain this.

5. 120reefkeeper

[​IMG]

Sentry ATO brain as it be.

Dsnakes, GoVols and jsker like this.
  6. 120reefkeeper

[​IMG]

So the ATO comes with a bracket to mount on the tank. I however opted to not mount it this way. Why? Because I wanted the best cord management I could muster. So I opted to mount it like this instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 120reefkeeper

Another nice feature of the Waterbox sump and the Sentry ATO is the fact that there is a hole in the glass panel separating the RODI chamber from the return pump chamber. This hole is for you to route the ATO pump hose from the ATO chamber to the return chamber.

[​IMG]

Also there is a provided bracket to hold the ATO hose where it enters the return side.

[​IMG]

8. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Now stalking, I mean following;Hilarious;Hilarious

Is this going to be a Probiotic system or are you going to use the Aquaforest reef salt? What are you going to dose?

Very excited to see another @120reefkeeper build.

Dsnakes, GoVols, DSC reef and 2 others like this.
  9. 120reefkeeper

So this is what I’m talking about bang for your buck!

Tank, stand, sump, socks, plumbing, and ATO !

Great deal and great quality for a reasonable price!

Brynn, Dsnakes, GoVols and 2 others like this.
  10. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

How does the cost compare to to other systems like this?

Dsnakes, GoVols and jp_75 like this.
  11. 120reefkeeper

This is going to be an everyday tank. Easy , quality, and something that everyone can do.

Full Aquaforest tank for sure! Aquaforest Reef salt will be the path from the start!

12. 120reefkeeper

The cost of this compared to other systems of similar quality. I’m just gonna throw out a number here because I haven’t crunched them yet....

40% cheaper considering everything you get , the quality etc. Now I’m also taking into account total build cost.

dricc, Dsnakes, GoVols and 1 other person like this.
  13. jsker

Wow, that is economical.

Dsnakes, GoVols and 120reefkeeper like this.
  14. 120reefkeeper

So now you all are probably wondering what skimmer is he going to go with?

Well let me tell you this skimmer right here is nothing short of awesome! It’s built like a TANK!!

Heavy duty construction NO DOUBT! I am extremely impressed with this skimmer ! It weighs a ton and the quality is second to none!!!

Just look at the pictures and you’ll see the thickness of the acrylic compared to my thumb.

Btw I have pickle fingers! You get the picture!! Lol

Heavy duty!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 120reefkeeper

Ok so when it came time for a return pump there are soooo many options!

But wait a minute! I know of a company that has a return pump and powerheads, and lights!

The best thing is it’s a bundle!!

That’s right!! The CURRENT USA LOOP BUNDLE!!

What a great value! D.C. Return pump, Powerheads, and Lights all together !

What really makes this an awesome deal also is the fact that once everything is hooked up it only has ....

1 . CORD!!!

All I can say is WOW!

The packaging was great and clearly marked via a number system! Nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still plenty of room for more goodies in the side cabinet of the Waterbox 135.4!!

NowGlazeIT, Dsnakes, GoVols and 4 others like this.
  16. 120reefkeeper

Stay tuned campers!!

GoVols and jsker like this.
  17. coseal

coseal Active Member Build Thread Contributor

nice build!.. did that abs mounting panel come with the current usa stuff? and are you only using the current usa leds as your sole source of light?

Dsnakes, GoVols, jsker and 1 other person like this.
  18. 120reefkeeper

Yes the ABS mounting panel can with Loop System and this portion is pre built for you.

Yes I will only be using the Current USA lights. From what I have seen and know you can grow SPS under them. This won’t be an SPS dominant tank like my last build. This tanks theme is what the average reefer can do on a budget , without spending a fortune and is easy to maintain.

Hulley, Brynn, Dsnakes and 2 others like this.
  19. Wanna-B-Reefer

Wanna-B-Reefer Member

Man your are jamming along! My build is moving at 1/4 the speed of a squashed snail.

dricc, GoVols, jsker and 1 other person like this.
  20. 120reefkeeper

I have been collecting all the parts and pieces for a couple months now . Yes when I’m in assembly mode I do jam along. I get into a zone and I’m gone! Lol

dricc, Dsnakes, GoVols and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted