OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, interesting build! Following for sure. I have never heard of the Cove skimmers. That does look very nice. Too bad I already have a new skimmer. :(

I had checked them out before and was super impressed!

Look forward to getting it wet!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120RK,
What a great build and your the first one that I've seen that has a Waterbox tank.
It looks like it's high quality setup and if it's 40% cheaper than a reefer, then it's a no-brainer.

I understand that your going with super nice that includes affordability which really means a lot.

Really looks awesome and if you don't mind I'd like to take the ride and read your comments regarding all the components.

If your thinking about going BB, I've been there for about 2.5 years and absolutely love it. I do miss things like Diamond gobies but the trade offs have been well worth staying bare bottom. I use a gyre (on full flow) to lift up and get the detritus into the filter socks. Then I use the Python No Spill hoses end (take off big end tube) to suck out the remaining detritus during my weekly water change.

Thanks, Freddie

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120RK,
What a great build and your the first one that I've seen that has a Waterbox tank.
It looks like it's high quality setup and if it's 40% cheaper than a reefer, then it's a no-brainer.

I understand that your going with super nice that includes affordability which really means a lot.

Really looks awesome and if you don't mind I'd like to take the ride and read your comments regarding all the components.

If your thinking about going BB, I've been there for about 2.5 years and absolutely love it. I do miss things like Diamond gobies but the trade offs have been well worth staying bare bottom. I use a gyre (on full flow) to lift up and get the detritus into the filter socks. Then I use the Python No Spill hoses end (take off big end tube) to suck out the remaining detritus during my weekly water change.

Thanks, Freddie

Not to highjack, but it's actually more expensive then a similar Red Sea Reefer but you get a "better" sump and a better ATO

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to highjack, but it's actually more expensive then a similar Red Sea Reefer but you get a "better" sump and a better ATO
Thanks for the info.
and tagging along :)

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I disagree. [emoji4]

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun follow:

Are the mounting brackets for the lights plastic? Do they secure well to the rim?

Also, I’ve been trying to learn more about aqua forest. I hope I get the details.

Thanks !

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Misleading as the reefer deluxe comes with 3
hydra 26's.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reefer-xl-525-complete-system-108-gal-red-sea.html

Should be what you are comparing with. Unless of course the water box linked comes with the current USA lighting but as far as I'm aware it does not

None the less I'll be following along :)

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun follow:

Are the mounting brackets for the lights plastic? Do they secure well to the rim?

Also, I’ve been trying to learn more about aqua forest. I hope I get the details.

Thanks !

No the brackets it comes with are metal. Yes they secure to the rim quite nicely [emoji4]

You’ve come to the right place for Aquaforest info!! Lol for sure! [emoji4][emoji1303]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You call this a budget build. I call this you planning and building my future dream build lol. Following along for sure!!

Builds this size can get quite expensive for sure! If I were to choose the most expensive tank, return pump, powerheads, lighting etc it would be crazy expensive....

Glad to have you onboard! [emoji4]

This isn’t the cheapest build for sure but it’s a quality build that’s reasonably priced. Bang for the buck as I call it . [emoji6]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%

Back