Aquaforest Bio Sand --- Super Bright White Sand!

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my 8 month old tank with CaribSea Special Grade but got tired of rearranging the sand every morning due to flow form my two MP40s. I switched to Tropic Eden Reef Flakes which both looked nice initially and did not move due to the larger grain size. Unfortunately, after about six months a noticeable percentage of the Reef Flakes grew dark green algae. This was an eye sore.

I just swapped in Aquaforest Bio Sand. The sand is fine grain and super white. My kids love the new look!

The white sand reflects a lot of light which makes the tank glow. This makes the green algae on the rocks much less noticeable and my fish all look brighter---most notably my chromis appear to be a lighter shade of blue. The sand has only been in the tank a few hours but it has not moved much---I hope that holds up. If I do get bare spots in the tank I will use those areas to place corals.

There are not many reviews of this sand around. I have inserted tank pictures below for reference. I got the idea for this sand from Viking Reefer on YouTube. His tanks are beautiful and an inspiration.

So far I am loving this sand. I hope I will not have to do another sand swap. If I do, it will be live sand from the ocean from Tampa Bay Saltwater...

IMG_4271.jpeg
IMG_4297.jpeg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started my 8 month old tank with CaribSea Special Grade but got tired of rearranging the sand every morning due to flow form my two MP40s. I switched to Tropic Eden Reef Flakes which both looked nice initially and did not move due to the larger grain size. Unfortunately, after about six months a noticeable percentage of the Reef Flakes grew dark green algae. This was an eye sore.

I just swapped in Aquaforest Bio Sand. The sand is fine grain and super white. My kids love the new look!

The white sand reflects a lot of light which makes the tank glow. This makes the green algae on the rocks much less noticeable and my fish all look brighter---most notably my chromis appear to be a lighter shade of blue. The sand has only been in the tank a few hours but it has not moved much---I hope that holds up. If I do get bare spots in the tank I will use those areas to place corals.

There are not many reviews of this sand around. I have inserted tank pictures below for reference. I got the idea for this sand from Viking Reefer on YouTube. His tanks are beautiful and an inspiration.

So far I am loving this sand. I hope I will not have to do another sand swap. If I do, it will be live sand from the ocean from Tampa Bay Saltwater...

IMG_4271.jpeg
IMG_4297.jpeg
Love the look!!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back