Aquaforest stone fix cement any good???

Zokki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m finally upgrading my fish tank to 425 reefer and I’m planning to do my Aquascaping in the next few days. I have AF stone fix cement some glue and epoxy. Question is can I work with cement and wet rocks? Also would the cement last or it will fall apart? I’m planning to add glue cement and DD epoxy where needed just to make it stronger and more reliable. I have new rocks but my old rocks need to be part of it and I don’t want to kill the bacteria. Any tips and suggestions will be strongly appreciated.
Thank you all

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m finally upgrading my fish tank to 425 reefer and I’m planning to do my Aquascaping in the next few days. I have AF stone fix cement some glue and epoxy. Question is can I work with cement and wet rocks? Also would the cement last or it will fall apart? I’m planning to add glue cement and DD epoxy where needed just to make it stronger and more reliable. I have new rocks but my old rocks need to be part of it and I don’t want to kill the bacteria. Any tips and suggestions will be strongly appreciated.
Thank you all
I've used AF Stone Fix for several tanks.

It works best with dry rock, and let it completely dry before putting into a tank.
It is simply Portland cement.

I've not had much luck using it to cement wet live rock as it is fragile until completely dry.

For wet rock I use Perspex rods and epoxy

Upvote 0

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using it right now for my new tank. It's fantastic on dry rock
A6D8D408-3551-4954-91A7-09286856E98E.jpeg

Upvote 0

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add. Ignore the instructions entirely. Wear gloves and a mask, pour as much as you think into a bowl and slowly add 10ml (big syringe) of water at a time. It'll go from nothing to sand to clump pretty fast.

When I did 100g to 50ml of water it was liquid and wouldn't hold the rocks together. I was probably closer to 200-250g to get it back to a consistency I could use

Upvote 0

kwirky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also used it on dry rock and found it incredibly strong. I'm still hoarding the remainder of the bag because the project turned out so wel.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back