AquaIllumination Blade Announced

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this issue?

Also a Q for blade owners: I’m looking to push about 400 PAR about 30cm deep on a 180cmx80cmx60 (tall) cm. Would four 66” units be enough or should I opt for more? I’d be combining these with 2x T5s for true UV supplementation. Thanks!

Last edited:

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased one grow 30 inches and had same issue. Contacted support and they’re replacing with no hesitation. Hoping that the new one doesn’t have the same issue. Ill update the post.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased one grow 30 inches and had same issue. Contacted support and they’re replacing with no hesitation. Hoping that the new one doesn’t have the same issue. Ill update the post.
Unfortunately, even the replacement ones they had go to a technical expert first for review to verify no issue, all came with same issue. My understanding is they are aware but still are just going through motions of replacements without a fix in place which is wasteful and inefficient.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As of what manufacturing date?

It’s probably been in the last month or two. One of the other Blade threads had someone receive a brand new one and confirmed the LEDs had been changed up.

All the Blades Ryan is using on the 52 Weeks Season 2 tanks don’t have the issues either. You can tell from the videos and I talked to him directly about it.

Wish I knew which thread had the updated configuration

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s probably been in the last month or two. One of the other Blade threads had someone receive a brand new one and confirmed the LEDs had been changed up.

All the Blades Ryan is using on the 52 Weeks Season 2 tanks don’t have the issues either. You can tell from the videos and I talked to him directly about it.

Wish I knew which thread had the updated configuration
That is great news. I’m going to rekindle my exchange warranty process knowing this information. I wish they had reached out given I’ve done about six swaps with them.

Barbarosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 57” Grow which supplements my three Radion XR15’s - I set it up and programmed the schedule within ten minutes or so & then just forgot about it. Looks great in ridding my tank of any shadow at the front (as it sits under an RSJ) and I’ve had no issues or faults as previously mentioned by other members thankfully !

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 57” Grow which supplements my three Radion XR15’s - I set it up and programmed the schedule within ten minutes or so & then just forgot about it. Looks great in ridding my tank of any shadow at the front (as it sits under an RSJ) and I’ve had no issues or faults as previously mentioned by other members thankfully !
What kind of PAR are you getting from it?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any update on this issue?

Also a Q for blade owners: I’m looking to push about 400 PAR about 30cm deep on a 180cmx80cmx60 (tall) cm. Would four 66” units be enough or should I opt for more? I’d be combining these with 2x T5s for true UV supplementation. Thanks!

You can see my setup in my build thread. Video is towards the end. 5 of the 57” Blades. I’ve got over 400 PAR at the top of my rocks

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Blade Coral Grow problem solved. They changed the led distribution on the new models. The colors are perfect now.

Old led distribution (you can see the white in the same position in all the clusters):

IMG_3625.jpeg

New led distribution:

IMG_3624.jpeg

With this problem solved, would recommend to anyone.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Blade Coral Grow problem solved. They changed the led distribution on the new models. The colors are perfect now.

Old led distribution (you can see the white in the same position in all the clusters):

IMG_3625.jpeg

New led distribution:

IMG_3624.jpeg

Well I have five of the longest for my new CADE 1800 (1 fw, 2 grow, 2 glow) along with 4 T5s so we will see how it goes. I don’t want ANY shading!

EricLille

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I’d like to add a third blade in my tank. I have currently 2 blade grow, set on the tank and i would like to set another one beside my hydras, at 14 inches height. Would you advice me to take a blade grow or a blade glow to increase the fluorescence of my acroporas ? Will the blade glow increase the Par ? Thanks for your advice

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I’d like to add a third blade in my tank. I have currently 2 blade grow, set on the tank and i would like to set another one beside my hydras, at 14 inches height. Would you advise me to take a blade grow or a blade glow to increase the fluorescence of my acroporas ? Will the blade glow increase the Par ? Thanks for your advice
Absolutely get a glow if you have 2 grow. The glow has nothing in the 400-420nm range and the glow fills this nicely. Yes it will as PAR.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_3625.jpeg

New led distribution:

IMG_3624.jpeg

Pretty hard to understand how this wasn’t caught during QC

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back