AquaIllumination Blade Announced

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every video I have seen of these new lights shows them sagging after a few feet. Makes me nervous they'll actually hold together and not fall i to the tank.
I honestly surprised this hasn’t been mentioned before
I noticed that there’s no structural support for the long ones.

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. A lot of focus has been on the light output, marketing, and the lens, but nothing on the structural integrity

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the treasure corals video he says there is a slight sag on his 4 foot ones and that they recommend using the other more supporting mounts for longer lengths.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every video I have seen of these new lights shows them sagging after a few feet. Makes me nervous they'll actually hold together and not fall i to the tank.
If you look at the listing, at least on BRS, they say up to 39” comes with the side mounts which is what all the videos are using. Anything over 39” comes with mounting clips which would be mounted to a canopy or frame and wouldn’t sag anymore. They did a poor job of not having the other mounts ready and sent out to these early reviewers. I know at least one of the videos talked about it briefly.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Only the shorter models have tank mount. Anything above 39" will get the HMS clips. It would have been nice to see the 4 foot models get tank mount options since that would hit the majority of the hobby.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the shorter models have tank mount. Anything above 39" will get the HMS clips. It would have been nice to see the 4 foot models get tank mount options since that would hit the majority of the hobby.
It would have been nice to have the clips in the shorter ones as an option as I’ll be looking at putting some 30” ones into a canopy.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
They posted a video of a controller for the orphek bars... it runs 6 bars into 1 plug.

Their bars are a lot cheaper then this.

Now the question is... will orphek actually release the controller for sale in the next 10 years? lol
Controller is November of 2031

Its on its way

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if you was to mount the lights on 80/20 rail perpendicular to the tank it would give a better blend of grow and glow.

Solga

2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just me, and I'm not going to read through 7 pages to see if someone else mentioned it, but it looks as if AI is trying to get in on the Current Orbit IC light scene. I have had the Current Orbit lights for a while now, and do not have any issues with them. Only funny thing is, when I bought these lights, they were considered a lesser to the "fancy, flashy, shiny, new" technology. Advertising definitely has its place.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is just me, and I'm not going to read through 7 pages to see if someone else mentioned it, but it looks as if AI is trying to get in on the Current Orbit IC light scene. I have had the Current Orbit lights for a while now, and do not have any issues with them. Only funny thing is, when I bought these lights, they were considered a lesser to the "fancy, flashy, shiny, new" technology. Advertising definitely has its place.

Kind of like how Ferrari is trying to jump into the Hyundai scene?

Comparing the Blade to the Current IC is pretty far out there. They are both a light and that is where the similarities end

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having this new light demo’d over an LPS tank is a bit discouraging.
I hoped if AI came out with a new light, or next Gen light, they would’ve corrected their weakness in the blue, ~600 wavelength range, targeting SPS hobbyists.
But, I’m sure they don’t want to accidentally impact their Radion sales.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If be interested if they just had a Pro and Blue and each adjustable like a Prime. Was never a fan of having to buy specific bulbs for VHO or T5. Seems easy enough to elongate an XR15 and get full wrap around lighting.

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are definitely interesting and I would like to buy them except they didn’t release all of their mounting options. I would need to hang mine from the ceiling and the Blade Hanging Kit is “coming soon”. If you have a larger tank it makes it hard to use this without the rest of the hanging options. Seems kind of short sighted to release these long lights without the necessary mounting hardware for the longer lights.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If be interested if they just had a Pro and Blue and each adjustable like a Prime. Was never a fan of having to buy specific bulbs for VHO or T5. Seems easy enough to elongate an XR15 and get full wrap around lighting.

Grow equals Pro and Glow equals Blue

(Yes, there is slightly less spectrum but this at least helps understand the colors a little more.)

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow equals Pro and Glow equals Blue

(Yes, there is slightly less spectrum but this at least helps understand the colors a little more.)
Does that mean one can adjust Grow to AB+ being less efficient and Glow can be AB+ being more efficient yet both can be run as Pro or Blue as desired similar to G5/G6?

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back