Aquaman Montipora

  • Thread starter Thread starter gbru316
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gbru316

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2022
Messages
896
Reaction score
1,589
Location
Melbourne, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Body: Nikon D810
Lens: AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
Accessories: 49mm extension tubes (sum of multiple tubes), remote shutter, tripod, Orphek 15k 52mm filter
Aperture: f/8 (manual)
Exposure: 0.4 second

6 image stack

Aquaman_Montipora.jpg
 
Very nice shot. Which app did you use for stacking ?
 
Very nice shot. Which app did you use for stacking ?

Thanks. Just photoshop (import shots as layers, auto-align layers, auto-blend layers, flatten). I've played around with Zerene in the past but I find that photoshop does a fine job for my purposes.

I'd love to be able to "blow up" a single polyp. I think I'd need to buy a powered macro rail and objective lens for that, though. And then I might run into working distance limitations while shooting through the glass. So I'd have to go over the top, which means I'd need an adapter for one of my lighting tripods to handle the rail+camera+lens. Ugh, hobbies are a money pit!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new